Dining at Hamilton Island’s hatted restaurants, qualia’s Pebble Beach and Bommie at our spectacular Yacht Club is a true luxury culinary experience.
Opportunities now exists for a Chef de Partie – Pastry to join our qualia and Bommie kitchen brigades. This is your opportunity to showcase your culinary skills to a very discerning audience.
- Paid overtime, we don't expect you to work unreasonable hours but if you do we will pay you!
- $1500 Qld Government Work in Paradise initiative*
- Competitive salary and subsidised furnished staff accommodation
- Staff perks - discounts on activities and a $10 gym membership.
- Fantastic work culture and supportive community
- Enjoy living and working on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef!
- Full time permanent, live on island position; shifts on a rotating roster
About The Role – You will showcase your superb pastry skills through creative dessert and pastry offerings. Your ice-cream will be silky smooth and touched with exotic flavours, your croissants will light and airy as if they came directly from the Lune kitchen, your cakes will be mouth-watering and full of flavour.
You will also:
- Mentor junior chefs and help develop their pastry skills
- Must have successfully completed Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or Certificate III in Patisserie through TAFE or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge and experience of volume production
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Energetic with a genuine passion for food
- Impeccable grooming and personal presentation
Click "APPLY NOW " to take the next step in your career and lifestyle