Joining King’s Hawaiian makes you part of our `ohana (family). As a family-owned business for over seventy years, we respect our roots while thinking about our future as we continue to grow and care for our customers and the communities we serve. Our `ohana members build an environment of inclusivity as they freely collaborate, pursue learning through curiosity, and explore innovation as critical thinkers. Beyond that, we are also passionate about supporting the long-term health and well-being of our employees and their families. If you’re excited to rise with our team, come and join our `ohana!
This position will have overall responsibility for defining and gathering business & technical requirements to architect, develop and support users within the Business Intelligence area. The Senior Business Intelligence Developer will lead a team that will include business users and consultants and is responsible for systems implementation initiatives. Do you have a passion and dedication to develop and enhance technical capabilities and improve the end user experience? Then this may be the role for you!
- Participates in defining detailed user requirements and developing detailed technical specifications
- Incorporate requirements for aggregate navigation, response time, repeatable queries and data row security into the data warehouse design.
- Design data base objects such as cubes, queries, views and tables required to support BI needs and develops timeline for the development of Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse system functionality assist with the tuning of BI reports.
- Organizes and reviews all testing activities including participating in executing unit/string/system tests
- Analyzes and resolves internal Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse business/system requirements and 3rd party vendor capabilities as input to project planning. And facilitates the hardware/software procurement process
- Ensure that the Business Intelligence platform supports operational, performance management and strategic functions
- Design and implement Business Intelligence architecture, reports, security model, and federation model that covers content, object and data security
- Architect physical and logical layout of Business Intelligence System
- Provides user training, hand off and support of all Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse functions
- Leads Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse organizational change and incident activities to ensure business objectives are met.
- Design and deliver guidelines that allow Kings Hawaiian to use a broad base of internal and external developers while adhering to established standards and strategy
- Evaluates, selects and supervises Application Solution Providers and outsourced implementation and/or support resources.
- Coordinates with various 3rd party vendors on system capabilities and implementation and executes hardware/software procurement, licensing agreements and support contract renewals.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology or similar is preferred with Ten plus years of experience in enterprise-wide business intelligence and reporting roles in large organizations.
- Demonstrable experience with enterprise wide business intelligence implementations, Meta data design, report and dashboard development, business analysis, data analysis and business process and data flow modeling.
- 5 years demonstrated ability with ERP systems roll-outs, and related business intelligence architecture and reporting experience
- Proven Track record to optimally evaluate, select and manage Application Solution Providers and outsourced implementation and/or support resources
- Experience in Consumer Products industry selling through major retailing chains (Food and Beverage industry preferred)
- Experience leading Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse initiatives with solid knowledge of database and data ware house technologies such as Informatica, Oracle or similar
- Familiarity with master data management, data quality management, data architecture techniques.
- Familiarity with MSSQL and the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack, SSIS, MS Reporting Service, MS Analytics Services.
- Demonstrated experience leading and supporting project teams through the project lifecycle methodology including design, development/configuration, testing and deployment
- Critical, analytical problem solver with a demonstrable ability to build, convey and optimally deploy IT strategies, particularly to technology-challenged colleagues
- Hands-on analytical approach and style that encourages change and creative problem solving with Strong time and work leadership skills.
King's Hawaiian is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our ohana.