Bakery Production Helper
Joining King’s Hawaiian makes you part of our `ohana (family). We are a family-owned business for over seventy years, respecting our roots while thinking about our future as we continue to grow and care for our customers and the communities we serve.
By living our values of Dignity, Excellence and Telling it like it is in a way that can be heard, the Production Helper Retail position is responsible for preparing and producing various bakery items to fulfill production lists and placed orders.
Are you looking for full-time job? This is a phenomenal opportunity to join our ‘ohana as a at our Kings Hawaiian Restaurant in Torrance.
- Prepares frozen pastries per production list for the next morning’s bake off.
- Prepares icing, fillings and other bakery items needed for finishing.
- Records inventory of on hand items (chiffons, high ratio cakes, cupcakes, pastries).
- Records inventory arriving items from daily, per orders placed the preceding day.
- Organizes walk in freezer including condensing trays of product within cabinets to maximize space.
- Keeps work area clean, organized, and safe.
- Sweeps, mops, and removes all trash from bakery back of house daily.
- Communicates any shortages from the arriving delivery from Hawaiian Foods.
- Assists with moving product from bakery to refrigerated truck when needed.
- Assists with moving product from upstairs to downstairs.
- Participates in training of new employees or employees who change job classifications.
- Follows all sanitation guidelines as prescribed by the health department.
- Wears slip resistant shoes, uses proper lifting techniques.
- Plans and carries out job assignments without creating hazards to oneself and other employees.
- Ability to train and execute other positions within the bakery when assigned.
- Proficient in English with clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in a retail or restaurant operation preferred.
- Valid Food Handler Certificate
- Self-motivated with the ability to see what is needed to be done with little direction.
- Able to prioritize tasks with a teamwork focus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to arrive to work on-time for all assigned shifts including mornings, weekends, holidays, and overtime when required. Must work early morning shift and have Saturday and Sunday availability.
- Able to stand, walk, climb stairs throughout shift. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds on occasion.
King's Hawaiian is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our Ohana.