Joining King’s Hawaiian makes you part of our `ohana (family). We are a family-owned business for over seventy years, respecting our roots while thinking about our future as we continue to grow and care for our customers and the communities we serve.
By living our values of Dignity, Excellence and Telling it like it is in a way that can be heard, the Cake Decorator is responsible for decorating event cakes, wedding cakes, and other products that need design finishing.
Are you looking for part-time job? This is a phenomenal opportunity to join our ‘ohana as a at our Kings Hawaiian Restaurant in Torrance.
- Performs finishing work including decorating cakes including wedding cakes with various art designs using free hand drawing, image projector, and picture scans.
- Completes orders in an efficient manner to meet all deadlines.
- Maintains inventory for holiday and daily decorations.
- Keeps decorator’s area clean and maintained by sweeping floors, cleaning tools, wiping down equipment, and other sanitation jobs assigned.
- Communicates with staff including assisting in other areas as assigned.
- Participates in training of new employees or employees who change job classifications.
- Follows all sanitation guidelines as outlined by the health department.
- Understands and complies with all general and specific safe job procedures.
- Wearing slip resistant shoes, utilizing proper lifting techniques.
- Plans and carries out job assignments without creating hazards to oneself and other employees.
- Reports all unsafe conditions or equipment immediately.
- Train and work in other areas of the bakery as needed and assigned.
- Proficient in English with clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum 1-3 years cake decorating experience in a retail or restaurant operation.
- Valid Food Handler Certificate
- Art, design, or craft experience a plus.
- Self-motivated with the ability to see what is needed to be done with little direction.
- Able to prioritize tasks with a customer delivery time first focus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to arrive to work on-time for all assigned shifts including mornings, weekends, holidays, and overtime when required. Must work early morning shift and have Saturday and Sunday availability.
- Able to balance multiple tasks and work well in an environment with time constraints.
- High attention to detail and order accuracy skills.
King's Hawaiian is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our Ohana.