Joining King’s Hawaiian makes you part of our `ohana (family). We are a family-owned business for over seventy years, respecting our roots while thinking about our future as we continue to grow and care for our customers and the communities we serve.
By living our values of Dignity, Excellence and Telling it like it is in a way that can be heard, the Busser/Janitor plays a pivotal role by maintaining the cleanliness and overall appearance of our restaurant and bakery for our guests.
FULL and PART-TIME positions available. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join our ‘ohana at our Kings Hawaiian Restaurant and Bakery in Torrance.
- Maintains cleanliness and overall appearance of all areas including dining, waiting area, lobby, showcase, counter, planters, and other areas as needed.
- Clean, maintain, and restock restrooms, clean, and sanitize all high touch points frequently.
- Keeps work areas clean and orderly by sweeping floors, wiping down equipment, and other sanitation jobs assigned.
- Maintain floors and areas behind the counter and showcase clean and clear, including floor drains.
- Assists service staff with restocking responsibilities as needed.
- Wipes/cleans handles, gaskets, equipment, racks, walls, ceiling, baseboards, drains, and breakroom.
- Clean floors inside walk-in fridge and freezer. Keeps floors clear of debris by sweeping and mopping.
- Helps with dish/pan washer duties as needed
- Walks around the building every 45 minutes to check for safety and cleanliness.
- Picks up debris and/or sweeps where needed around the entire building, parking lot, flower beds, trash bin area, and side storage area.
- Clean and wipe down exterior building as necessary.
- Follows all sanitation guidelines as prescribed by the health department.
- Cooperates on all matters relating to safety and health in the work area.
Understands and complies with all general and specific safe job procedures that apply to this job including using knives safely, wearing slip resistant shoes, utilizing proper lifting techniques, using only approved
- Speaks and understands basic English.
- Common sense logical reasoning ability.
- Able to arrive on time ready to work for all assigned shifts including, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
- Ability to lift to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50lbs on occasion.
- Ability to bend, reach, kneel and stand for extended periods of time during shift.
King's Hawaiian is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our Ohana.