Joining King’s Hawaiian makes you part of our `ohana (family). As a family-owned business for over seventy years, we respect our roots while thinking about our future as we continue to grow and care for our customers and the communities we serve. Our `ohana members build an environment of inclusivity as they freely collaborate, pursue learning through curiosity, and explore innovation as critical thinkers. Beyond that, we are also passionate about supporting the long-term health and well-being of our employees and their families. If you’re excited to rise with our team, come and join our `ohana!
The Administrative Assistant will provide proactive and energetic support to the President of Retail (POR) by independently handling crucial administrative tasks and contributing to the overall success of day-to-day operations. This position requires a genuine passion for providing high quality support with a “no task is too big or too small” approach. With outstanding judgement to make decisions, this individual is forward thinking, takes initiative and delivers results with poise and integrity while working closely with the President, other King’s Hawaiian team members, as well as external partners. Success in this role requires a strong sense of self, critical thinking, outgoing personality with a strong ability to build relationships both internally and externally. The ideal candidate is comfortable in a fast-paced Restaurant and Production environment with a humble and always willing to help attitude.
- Manage the POR’s complex calendar, scheduling of events and acting as the point of contact for all meeting requests. Assumes ownership and maintenance of the calendar, accounting for both professional and personal commitments and promptly engaging directly with the PRO.
- Coordinates logistics for a variety of meetings, including arranging catering, securing conference space, reservations, and communicating with attendees.
- With a high level of confidentiality, manage email correspondence, flagging important and actionable items, and drafting professional correspondence.
- Ensure the smooth flow of the POR’s activities with an organized, forward thinking approach.
- Provide administrative support which may include, preparing agendas and providing meeting recaps when required. Gather and coordinate materials, reserve conference rooms, ensure accurate room-setups, audio-visual needs, etc.
- Prepare itineraries for visitors. If needed, provide administrative support to visiting executives. Ensuring visitors are always greeted and escorted as needed.
- Travel management: arrange domestic and international travel, both business and personal, researching and coordinating all travel activities.
- Event and project management: coordinate with other team members to plan and execute events and contribute to key operational projects.
- Performing personal or retail errands as needed.
- Additional tasks at Retail locations such as assisting in the Front or Back of House as needed.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Confident self-starter with a bias for action with minimal direction
- Creative, Tech Savvy and proficient in MS Office.
- Experience with managing calendars, demanding schedules, and deadlines a plus.
- Ability to establish relationships at all levels both internal and external.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Curious and Critical thinker with the ability to collaborate in a team environment with ease.
- Experience in a Restaurant or Production environment a plus.
King’s Hawaiian is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating and inclusive environment for our ohana.