Attorney | General Business (4-10 Years)
As a General Business Attorney, you will counsel clients on general business matters including choice of entity, formation and capitalization, buy-sell agreements, internal reorganizations, joint ventures, and general business and commercial contracts, as well as assisting clients in meeting their general legal compliance obligations by developing practical knowledge and an understanding of market practices affecting relevant clients.
Who we want:
- A focused and organized professional with precise attention to detail and a desire to deliver impeccable service for clients;
- A critical thinker with exceptional written and oral communication skills and the ability to simplify and explain complex topics to clients in an understandable manner;
- An organized project manager who can balance multiple projects at various stages, while ensuring timely completion of work and meeting all deadlines;
- A collaborative attorney who is able to work with clients to develop strategies designed to meet specific business goals.
What you need:
- 4-10 years of experience in corporate work;
- Excellent academic and professional credentials;
- Applicants must currently be licensed, or currently eligible to become licensed, to practice law in Nebraska;
- Ability to concisely and effectively communicate complex matters in oral and written form;
- Strong work ethic, excellent leadership skills and action-oriented interest in taking on increased levels of responsibility;
- Commercially minded, able to examine and analyze cases and documents for inherent legal risks and their financial and operational consequences;
- Effective analytical skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment; and
- Ability to interact with senior members of clients’ business and legal teams.
What we offer:
- A people-focused and results-orientated culture;
- Programs and activities to enhance your wellbeing;
- Continuous learning and professional development opportunities;
- Competitive salary and a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance options, 401(k) with Firm contribution, and Employee Assistance Programs; and
- A beautiful central Omaha office equipped with modernized workspaces.
Koley Jessen is a dynamic law firm powered by highly-talented people. Our collaborative culture drives our ability to provide over-the-top service and achieve the best results for our clients. Our investment in one another fuels our success and ensures that Koley Jessen will always be a great place to work and to grow professionally.
Koley Jessen celebrates, supports and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion and is an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Koley Jessen strictly prohibits any discrimination or harassment based on a person’s race, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, religion, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other ground prohibited by law.