Koley Jessen is seeking a reliable, driven, and experienced Paralegal to join our Corporate Department. This Paralegal will be a key player on our business teams working closely with attorneys and clients to provide over-the-top service and achieve the best results for our clients.
Who we want:
- Strong commitment to thoroughly understanding clients’ businesses, corporate structure, locations, and people.
- Serves as a link between attorneys and clients to deliver excellence with a passion for quality and an eye for details.
- Support clients of all sizes through various stages of general corporate law, from integral corporate documents to general on-going maintenance/compliance.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare and file documents for corporate, limited liability company and partnership formations, amendments, conversions, reinstatements, mergers, qualifications, reorganizations/restructurings, dissolutions and withdrawals.
- Conduct searches for entity name availability.
- Prepare and file Form SS-4s to obtain EINs.
- Prepare basic organization documents, including initial stock subscription agreements, stock certificates and stock ledgers.
- Prepare organizational, annual and special consents, by-laws, and stock issuances.
- Prepare and maintain minute books for entities (electronically through database).
- Prepare organizational entity structure charts.
- Prepare and file annual/biennial reports in various jurisdictions.
- Order status reports, good standing certificates and charter documents.
- Coordinate research and filings with corporate service providers and Secretary of State offices.
- Assist in closing of private placements, including drafting ancillary documents, preparing signature pages, updating investor schedules, tracking receipt of signatures, and compiling fully executed copies of documents and agreements.
- Assisting with preparing minutes, resolutions and various other corporate documentation, and processing audit letters.
- Assist with closings by assembling closing documents and signature pages.
What you need:
- Minimum of three (3) years paralegal experience or prior legal experience in a position demonstrating an aptitude to perform the requirements this position requires.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree preferred;
- A paralegal degree from an accredited paralegal program preferred.
- Other requirements include:
- Knowledge of legal terminology, legal forms, documents, practices and procedures.
- Skill in the use of various computer software programs (Microsoft Office, Document Management System, Data Rooms, Minute Book Software, and Adobe).
- Strong grammar, proofreading, and writing skills.
- Skill in organization, critical thinking, project management, attention to detail, and good judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in a professional, constructive and courteous manner.
- Ability to confidently and effectively interact with clients, attorneys and other employees in a team environment, maintaining confidentiality and using discretion and tact.
- Ability to take initiative and multi-task in a demanding, deadline-driven environment with strong follow-up.
- Ability to learn quickly with minimal supervision.
What we offer:
- A people-focused and results-orientated culture;
- Programs and activities to enhance your wellbeing;
- Continuous learning and professional development opportunities;
- Competitive salary and a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance options, 401(k) with Firm contribution, and Employee Assistance Programs;
- A beautiful central Omaha office equipped with modernized workspaces.
Koley Jessen is a dynamic law firm powered by highly-talented people. Our collaborative culture drives our ability to provide over-the-top service and achieve the best results for our clients. Our investment in one another fuels our success and ensures that Koley Jessen will always be a great place to work and to grow professionally.
Koley Jessen celebrates, supports and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion and is an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Koley Jessen strictly prohibits any discrimination or harassment based on a person’s race, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, religion, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other ground prohibited by law.