Attorney | Mergers & Acquisitions (3-5 Years)
Our strategically growing Corporate Department is seeking to hire an experienced attorney to join our Mergers and Acquisitions practice team. Serving the needs of business owners, business sellers, executives, and professionals, you will have the opportunity to assist in major transactions throughout the country. Working alongside a team of expert attorneys in this space, you will bring creative solutions to company mergers, acquisitions and/or private equity transactions. You will have access to the resources of a large firm with the opportunity to provide customized and multidimensional guidance to our clients’ most complex and pressing M&A needs.
Who we want:
- Collaborate with clients to develop strategies designed to meet specific business goals;
- Analyze the competitive and regulatory landscape within client-specific industries;
- Manage structuring, due diligence, negotiation, execution, implementation, and post-deal integration for complex acquisitions and investment transactions;
- Develop client relationships;
- Advise on corporate governance and other general corporate principles;
- Interact directly with business people, investment professionals and other stakeholders;
- Work collaboratively as part of a highly-functioning deal team.
What you need:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience with a strong interest in corporate and M&A work;
- Applicants must currently be licensed, or currently eligible to become licensed, to practice law in Nebraska;
- Experience drafting definitive transaction documents;
- Experience with the due diligence review process;
- Excellent academic and professional credentials;
- Ability to concisely and effectively communicate complex matters in oral and written form;
- Strong work ethic, excellent leadership skills and action-oriented interest in taking on increased levels of responsibility;
- Ability to examine and analyze cases and documents for inherent legal risks;
- Effective analytical skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
To be considered for this position, you must attach a cover letter and transcripts to your application.
What we offer:
- A people-focused and results-orientated culture;
- Programs and activities to enhance your wellbeing;
- Continuous learning and professional development opportunities;
- Competitive salary and a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance options, 401(k) with Firm contribution, and Employee Assistance Programs;
- A beautiful central Omaha office equipped with modernized workspaces.
Koley Jessen is a dynamic law firm powered by highly-talented people. Our collaborative culture drives our ability to provide over-the-top service and achieve the best results for our clients. Our investment in one another fuels our success and ensures that Koley Jessen will always be a great place to work and to grow professionally.
Koley Jessen celebrates, supports and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion and is an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Koley Jessen strictly prohibits any discrimination or harassment based on a person’s race, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, religion, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other ground prohibited by law.