Senior Monitoring Advisor, Mozambique Monitoring and Evaluation Mechanism Services (MMEMS), Maputo, Mozambique
The Mozambique Monitoring and Evaluation Mechanism and Services (MMEMS) team provides on-the-ground support on performance monitoring, data verification, gender, impact evaluation, output, and environmental compliance, and collaboration, learning and adapting (CLA) assistance to USAID/Mozambique. The MMEMS main office is in Maputo, with field offices in Quelimane and Nampula
citizenships are eligible for this position**
Reporting to the MMEMS Chief of Party (COP), the Senior Monitoring Advisor will oversee program monitoring and reporting across multiple activities and programs and support the Senior Monitoring Officer with respect to evaluations, assessments and studies – including filling in, as necessary, to complete tasks in that area. They will work with the MMEMS team and other stakeholders (i.e., partners, Mission staff) providing oversight of monitoring functions, such as the creation of performance indicators, development of activity and project monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) plans, setting of targets, collection of program data, assessment of data quality, analyses of data, reporting, and impact. This will include providing training to various staff and stakeholders on a variety of subjects, including results-based management and creating effective monitoring indicators, plans, processes, and systems to improve performance monitoring.
- Support and build capacity of the Senior Monitoring Officer, in all matters related with the monitoring support MMEMS provides
- Oversee performance monitoring design and implementation, including data collection and analysis
- Provide expertise and support for the design and management of indicators, MEL plans, performance targets, data quality assessments, data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Support the creation and management of performance indicator tracking systems/databases
- Ensure the quality of MMEMS contributions to DevResults
- Provide guidance and assistance to support use of performance monitoring data for the improvement of ongoing project/activity management
- Ensure the inclusion of gender dimensions of monitoring, with support from the MMEMS Gender Advisor
- Remain current on US government performance monitoring polices and ensure their application
- Provide group, one-on-one, and remote training and mentoring on monitoring related subjects
- Support the use of technological innovations when conducting monitoring, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
- Support the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) as a monitoring tool, where appropriate, with support from the MMEMS Data Manager
- Convene and participate in MEL communities of practice in Mozambique and throughout MSI
- Help build the capacity of MEL staff and supervise certain professionals, as required
- Liaise with Government of Mozambique, as useful, to advance the purposes of the project
- Produce the quarterly and annual reports, with inputs from the entire MMEMS team
- Lead evaluations or contribute as a team member to evaluations, studies and assessments, as needed
- Assist with editing English documents, compiling reporting documents, etc., when needed and requested by the MMEMS COP
- Master’s degree in statistics, physical, environmental or social sciences, agriculture, public health, or a related field required
- Minimum of ten years of monitoring experience, including conducting and managing quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
- Minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in field-based M&E projects
- Minimum of five years of experience managing diverse teams working on M&E, preferably including third party monitoring (TPM)
- Demonstrated knowledge of policies and best practices related to M&E and data quality assurance
- Supervisory experience, including technical and administrative management of subcontractors
- Technical capability to oversee quality control and workflow on TPM Tasks
- Oral and written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and team management skills
- Fluency in English required
- Advanced-level Portuguese preferred
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.