Editor, Arlington, VA or Remote
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com .
The Editor will be the primary recipient of editing support requests from operations teams. . This person will mainly edit reports and success stories for USAID-funded projects. Reports can be highly technical, and several individuals, including non-native English writers, write the content. The editor will transform the copy into one voice with engaging, concise and clear language that is compliant with MSI and client requirements. They will also generate graphics and support other internal communication initiatives. This individual is a self-starter: bright, motivated and dynamic. This position is primarily based in Arlington, VA, but for a strong candidate we would consider remote opportunities. The successful candidate will report to the Global Security Manager.
**Please note: U.S. work authorization is required for this position**
- Work with operations teams to develop an editing schedule for each editorial assignment
- Coordinate with content experts to resolve substantive questions, meaning, language and context of technical reports. Translate information into accurate, clear and concise prose
- Maintain consistency of voice, style, punctuation, spelling and grammar as well as logical, technical and narrative consistency
- Identify and correct repetitious phrasing, inconsistencies, word choices that make passages ambiguous or unclear, and verbosity across different sections of the report
- Edit internal communications as required
- Ensure all materials follow USAID or company’s branding requirements and client instructions
- Improve editorial and visual standards and recommend new formats and procedures as needed
- Make reports compliant with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Take on other editing requirements that may arise
- A minimum of five years of editing, communication and/or publication experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, technical writing, communications or related field required
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Some professional experience in international development a plus
- Excellent project management and multi-tasking skills with ability to meet deadlines a must
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) products
- Able to travel to Arlington, VA office on an ad-hoc schedule
- Understanding of Section 508 compliance requirements for U.S. Government reports, preferred
- Graphic design experience preferred
- Familiarity with Associated Press style, USAID terminology and MSI’s technical areas a plus
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.