Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire
MSI is recruiting a Qualitative Researcher for an anticipated Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) evaluation of the Côte d'Ivoire TVET Activity. The TVET Activity aims to improve the acquisition of quality, in-demand technical skills and increase job placement rates among graduates from the private sector-led TVET centers. It seeks to provide training to students in the skills and knowledge that are in-demand by the private sector. This new TVET model will be implemented through new and sustainable training centers, developed and managed through a public-private partnership with the private sector in Côte d'Ivoire.
The purpose of this evaluation will be to measure the effects of the TVET Activity on increased acquisition of in-demand technical skills and employment for graduates as well as the sustainability and quality of the supported TVET centers. The evaluation scope of work is expected to include a longitudinal study to understand how the components of this Activity contribute to desired outcomes and impacts through a quantitative analysis of beneficiaries and student results complemented by qualitative analysis of program improvement. The evaluation design will commence once the contract is awarded, expected for mid-2021. Travel requirements are not yet finalized but are a possibility.
The Qualitative Researcher will be a key member of the evaluation team for the duration of the evaluation. This position will provide technical leadership in the qualitative elements of the evaluation design, analysis and report writing as well as of data collection to ensure high quality data. This is not expected to be a full-time position and t he level of effort will be determined once the evaluation proposal is active.
- Contribute to desk research and provide inputs for an evaluability assessment
- Participate in an evaluation design workshop with stakeholders to build buy-in, establish coordination mechanisms, and define details for the evaluation design
- Develop the most rigorous design feasible given rules of program implementation. Contribute to the drafting and finalization of the evaluation design including evaluation methodology, data collection instruments, data collection and analysis plans, and other relevant sections. Focus will be given to geospatial analysis and gender considerations.
- Provide technical support and oversight of data collection, ensuring necessary mechanisms for data quality assurance. Data collection may consist of three rounds (baseline, midline and endline), each round with a survey, key informant interviews and focus groups
- Develop coding framework, conduct data analysis and draft sections of evaluation reports, following MCC guidance on transparent, reproducible, and ethical data and documentation
- Provide input on dissemination materials, such as evaluation briefs and presentation materials
- Participate in dissemination efforts for the evaluation findings
- Ensure all evaluation processes and products meet the requirements and quality standards of MSI and MCC
- Master's degree or higher in a social science field (anthropology, sociology, public administration, political science or other) required
- At least five (5) years of experience conducting qualitative research, including designing qualitative methodologies, developing instruments and collecting data through interviews, focus groups and other methods required
- At least five (5) years of experience conducting qualitative data analysis required
- Proficiency with a qualitative analysis package (ATLAS.ti, MAXQDA, NVivo or other) required
- English and French fluency required
- Experience working in Côte d'Ivoire or francophone West Africa highly preferred
- Experience working on education and/or gender preferred
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.