Deputy Chief of Party, USAID/ Venezuela Monitoring and Evaluation Project, Bogota, Colombia and other Regions
The ongoing political and economic crisis in Venezuela has led to severe food and medicine shortages and left millions of Venezuelans in need of humanitarian aid in Venezuela as millions more have fled the country. In FY 2020, USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance provided over $295 million in assistance to the Venezuela regional crisis with just over $65 million of that provided inside Venezuela.
It is not possible for USG staff to conduct direct oversight and accountability over USAID funded programs inside Venezuela, and it is difficult to assess the effectiveness and impact of humanitarian efforts spread widely throughout the region. For these reasons, BHA is seeking a contractor to conduct monitoring and evaluation of BHA’s response to this humanitarian disaster in Venezuela.
The Venezuela Monitoring & Evaluation Project will establish and undertake independent third-party monitoring inside Venezuela to increase BHA and partners’ understanding of the outputs, progresses, challenges, successes and lessons learned of selected projects. It will also conduct evaluations of humanitarian (and possibly recovery) efforts to address the crisis and will implement strategies to improve the monitoring and data collection capabilities of BHA implementing partners, including through implementing Data Quality Assessments. It will support BHA and their partners in effectively tracking assistance efforts to ensure aid is achieving its goals. It will also solicit beneficiary feedback, improve the quality of partners’ data and monitor warehousing practices.
The Deputy Chief of Party must provide the overall technical direction to the Contractor’s team on monitoring methodology and data analysis. She or he will be responsible for the technical design of the monitoring plan, data collection tools, leading engagement with implementing partners, and ensuring integrity of data and the overall monitoring system. The Deputy Chief of Party will also be responsible for managing the technical implementation of this project to ensure that the deliverables represent the outcomes of sound, ethical, and verifiable data collection and analysis.
- Designing overarching research methodology in addition to data collection instruments.
- Ensuring that data collected in the field is valid and collected consistent with the technical design requirements of the project and in accordance with good practice.
- Developing frameworks and approaches for the analysis of collected data and performing this analysis as required.
- Drafting informative and user-friendly reports and presentations for SHMP II clients and stakeholders.
- Collaborating with USG staff and implementing partners in the implementation of all tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, social science, statistics or a related field. A master’s degree is highly desirable.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- At least two (2) years of experience managing teams and one year of experience working in conflict zones and/or complex humanitarian emergencies.
- Previous experience providing technical support to third party monitoring projects, M&E support projects, or evaluations.
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative field research in conflict zones and/or complex humanitarian emergencies.
- Experience working on programs implemented in South America, particularly Venezuela.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish, analytic skills, interpersonal skills, team management skills.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.