Finance and Administrative Officer,
USAID Quality Instruction Towards Access and Basic Education Improvement (QITABI) 2,
The Quality Instruction Towards Access and Basic education Improvement (QITABI)-2 Project is led by World Learning. QITABI-2 combines a crisis response and development approach to expand equitable access to education and improve learning outcomes for children. MSI will collect and analyze data on students’ performance levels in reading, writing, math and social emotional learning (SEL) in grades 1 to 6 in Arabic, French and English, develop performance benchmarks in reading, writing and math and conduct surveys and observations of teachers’ instructional knowledge and practices. MSI will also design and implement a comprehensive capacity building plan for CERD and DOPS in national assessment and data for decision-making.
**Please note: Only Lebanese citizens are eligible for this position**
The Finance and Administrative Officer is responsible for the field accounting and financial entries into QuickBooks, retaining backup documents, ensuring that all entries meet generally recognized accounting standards, and working closely with the operational team at MSI’s home office. This full-time position supports the technical and home office operations team.
- Manage financial functions by generating bank statements, preparing transfers between USD/LBP accounts as needed, and managing cash withdrawals/deposits
- Manage petty cash and prepare fund requests when needed
- Maintain accounting and financial systems in accordance with U.S government regulations, Tetra Tech, and MSI policies and regulations
- Assist home office with monthly projections
- Prepare of NSSF payments and certificates, payroll taxes, and corporate taxes in compliance with local laws and other applicable rules
- Prepare monthly payroll sheets for field staff
- Coordinate payroll process with home office staff
- Record transactions in QuickBooks
- Ensure MSI accounting standards, procedures, and policies are followed and implemented
- Complete monthly financial reconciliations and ensure documents are properly uploaded and saved on SharePoint
- Provide administrative support to the field and home office staff
- A bachelor’s degree in international development, accounting, or other relevant field required
- Minimum of five years of work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. government contract management and financial systems
- Demonstrated experience overseeing logistics in development contexts
- Previous experience working on USAID funded projects is preferred
- Proficiency and experience using MS Excel and QuickBooks is required
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners and vendors
- Arabic and English proficiency required
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.