Envoy Solutions is a diversified distribution company for janitorial supply, packaging solutions, foodservice disposables and specialty products. Based in Glenview, Ill., Envoy Solutions is the parent company of North American Corporation, WAXIE Sanitary Supply, Southeastern Paper Group and NVISION. Operating as the nation's premier specialty distribution platform, Envoy Solutions works to make buildings cleaner, people safer and operations more productive, every day.
The Director Total Rewards will partner with the Envoy Solutions HR leadership team and Senior Management to define and implement Envoy’s total rewards (compensation and benefits) strategy so that outcomes meet current and future business needs and are consistent with the desired internal and external market position.
This key leader will design and implement compensation and health and welfare benefit programs, including incentive compensation plans-sales commission plans to meet objectives with regards to internal equity and external market competitiveness. This position will define and lead all compensation processes and programs, including job evaluation, salary administration, short-term and long-term incentive plans, and executive compensation along with defining salary grades. Partner with Talent Acquisition and Talent Management to ensure the compensation strategy is implemented effectively, within established budgets and complies with all relevant regulations, laws and employment standards. This position reports to the Envoy Solutions Vice President Human Resources who is based in suburban Chicago-Glenview, IL.
- Plan, develop and implement new and revised compensation and employee benefit programs, policies and procedures, to be responsive to Envoy Solutions goals and competitive practices.
- Partner with Talent Management and Talent Acquisition, business leaders and outside consultants as appropriate to define and implement market-competitive compensation guidelines, which results in are more dynamic job hierarchy that provides both lateral and vertical avenues for career advancement.
- Define and implement a sustainable process for maintaining the integrity of the job hierarchy, including a system for maintaining all job descriptions.
- Participate in acquisition activity related to compensation and benefits.
- Complete compensation market surveys and analyze survey results to select appropriate job matches and create competitive salary ranges for all jobs.
- Analyze and evaluate external market data and internal data about the current and projected employee population to determine salary budgets and forecasts and establish salary planning guidelines.
- Partner with Finance to develop annual incentive plan designs and related documentation.
- Lead the implementation of the Envoy Solutions Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation Plan.
- Develop and lead manager level compensation training and communication in support of compensation administration.
- Manage Envoy Solutions Rewards & Recognition programs in partnership with HR leadership.
- Partner with Information Technology and HRIS to define and implement merit, promotion and bonus planning process configuration(s).
- Consult with Talent Acquisition to evaluate job descriptions, determine FLSA status and compensation grade, and recommend compensation for job offers.
- Consult with Talent Management to develop and implement compensation strategies appropriate for department needs and consistent with Envoy’s overall Total Rewards strategy.
- Select and manage relationships with any relevant consultants and suppliers to ensure satisfactory standards of service.
- Monitor compensation actions through audits, reports and personal contact to ensure that Envoy Solutions compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with policies and government regulations.
- This position will initially supervise a team of two- the Manager of Benefits and HR Analytics and the Benefits and Communication Specialist, both of which are based in Envoy’s San Diego location.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong analytical and statistical skills.
- Attention to detail extremely important.
- Ability to summarize complex analysis using charts and graphs to highlight important insights and trends.
- Skilled in maintaining high-degree of confidentiality relative to personal data and information maintained in the HR systems.
- Understanding of government regulations as they apply to compensation, including The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), The Equal Pay Act, The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994, The National Labor Relations Act, base pay, overtime, shift pay and incentive compensation.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Familiarity with other areas of Human Resources (i.e., recruiting, benefits, leave administration, and training, etc.), and other Human Resources laws (e.g., ADEA, ADA, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, etc.).
- Experience interacting with and presenting to senior business leaders.
- Expert level Microsoft Excel skills, including formulas, macros, pivot tables and V-Lookup features.
- Strong capability with other Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
This position offers a competitive starting salary and comprehensive benefits program.
Envoy Solutions (and its subsidiaries) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we consider all applicants for employment and employees eligible for employment without regard to race, marital status or civil union status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation and/or any other characteristic protected by law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to our applicants and employees with disabilities in order to assist them in the performance of their essential job functions.