Envoy Solutions is a diversified distribution company for janitorial supply, packaging solutions, foodservice disposables and specialty products. Based in Glenview, Ill., Envoy Solutions is the parent company of North American Corporation, WAXIE Sanitary Supply, Southeastern Paper Group and NVISION. Operating as the nation's premier specialty distribution platform, Envoy Solutions works to make buildings cleaner, people safer and operations more productive, every day.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this position will be responsible for providing Financial and Operational forecasting and strategic analysis related to all Envoy operations and subsidiaries. The position will partner with Sales, Operations, Strategy, Human Resources, Logistics, and other Senior management. The role requires a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with a background in both Financial Planning and Analysis as well as Financial Accounting.
- Direct preparation of periodic forecasts/identification/reporting on relevant metrics to gauge performance. This includes determining relative importance (impact) of the drivers of the business enterprises and recommendations (actionable items) that should be taken by the management in order to meet or exceed goals.
- Provide support for the long-term business plan including financial models to project, evaluate and quantify the results of the plan.
- Provides leadership & support to complete the annual operating plan. Develop & communicate targets, coordinates calendar of events, consolidates inputs, evaluates requests and works with Senior Management and teams to bring the plan together to meet financial objectives.
- Review monthly results; provide analysis of variances along with explanations and recommended actions to Senior Management and other members of the team
- Oversee and prepare monthly financial and operational reports with commentary regarding actual monthly performance.
- Lead the preparation of periodic financial forecasts and processes for the group. Prepares the calendar, review forecasts, conducts analysis, prepare schedules that support the reviews with the various BU's and Senior Management, submits a final forecast to Senior Management. and provides any required commentary or explanation.
- Participate in preparation of period reviews with Leadership. Includes quarterly & annual reviews of business performance.
- Create ad hoc analysis of key metrics and activities which help improve the overall performance of the business. Analysis should yield commentary and actionable recommendations to the Senior Management team.
- Provide support for the management of initiatives including key drivers of the business enterprises. Assess potential impact and formulate strategic recommendations in response to changes in the education industry and economic environment.
- Hire, lead, coach & develop staff
- Provide proactive analytics and reporting including identification of sales and margin trends, key monthly financial drivers, customer and SBU profitability analysis and other special projects to improve operational and financial performance.
- Act as a liaison between Finance, Sales and Operations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA and /or CPA Preferred.
- 10-15 years of experience Financial Planning and Analysis including modeling experience and data driven analytics.
- Previous Distribution experience is highly desirable.
- Outstanding communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills, including ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, multi-task and follow through on completion of high-profile projects.
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to work independently, be comfortable with ambiguity, and use data-driven analysis to draw actionable insights and influence decision-makers.
- Advanced Excel skills are required.
This position offers a competitive starting salary and comprehensive benefits program.
Envoy Solutions (and its subsidiaries) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we consider all applicants for employment and employees eligible for employment without regard to race, marital status or civil union status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation and/or any other characteristic protected by law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to our applicants and employees with disabilities in order to assist them in the performance of their essential job functions.