National Gypsum Company, headquartered in Charlotte, NC, is the exclusive service provider of reliable, high-performance building products marketed under the Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® brands. The National Gypsum name – through its Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® product lines – has been synonymous with high-quality, innovative products, and exceptional customer service since 1925.
For decades, we have saved our customers time and money by providing the industry’s best, most reliable building products, resources and services. We are Building Products for a Better Future® one project at a time.
National Gypsum Company operates as a family of companies working together toward a common goal with collaboration and open communication. Our corporate entities include: NG Corporate, LLC; National Gypsum Services Company; Gold Bond Building Products, LLC; Gold Bond Canada, LLC; ProForm Finishing Products, LLC; PermaBASE Building Products, LLC; and Unifix Inc.
NG Corporate, LLC has an immediate opening for a Cost Accounting Analyst at our Charlotte, NC headquarters location. This position will report to the Manager, Operations Accounting.
Hiring Entity: NG CORPORATE, LLC
The purpose of this position, as described in the job responsibilities below, is to provide support to the Operations Accounting group. This position will be responsible for preparation of account analysis for key accounts, monthly reporting, preparation of various month end reconciliations and assistance for all aspects of the annual budgeting cycle. Accounting work such as journal entries and account analysis will be required.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive):
- Assist in the daily review and analysis of changes in plant inventory balances and moving average raw material prices
- Month-end closing duties including analysis of select plant variances, journal entries for in-transit inventory, intercompany AP/AR reconciliation and inventory reconciliation
- Assist in the preparation of standard costs and annual manufacturing budgets
- Prepare month-end inventory report along with other month end reports
- Preparation of account analysis for key accounts
- Continuous review and investigation of AP/PO exceptions
- Work closely with the Operations Accounting group to provide ad-hoc analysis and interpretation of costs for timely decision support
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with manufacturing plant personnel and Operations Accounting team members through frequent verbal and written communication
- Accounting degree and/or 1 to 2 years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing organization
- Appropriate experience including skills and ability to work well with others in a team environment and working independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and appropriately prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications with intermediate/advanced Excel knowledge (formulas, v look-ups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Open to learning new processes
- Experience in ERP systems, SAP applications is a plus
• Competitive salary;
• Comprehensive benefits to include:
o 401(k) with employer match
o Retirement Account
o Paid holidays
o Life Insurance
o Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
o Flexible spending accounts
o Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
Interested / Qualified candidates, please apply online
No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please
Employment ready applicants only
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.
All National Gypsum Company and corporate affiliate companies, including: NG Corporate, LLC, National Gypsum Services Company, Gold Bond Building Products, LLC, Gold Bond Canada, LLC, ProForm Finishing Products, LLC, PermaBASE Building Products, LLC and Unifix Inc , are Equal Opportunity Employers. Please visit www.nationalgypsum.com to view all of our exciting employment opportunities. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. All companies participate in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.