National Gypsum Company, headquartered in Charlotte, NC, is the exclusive service provider of reliable, high-performance building products marketed under the Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® brands. The National Gypsum name – through its Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® product lines – has been synonymous with high-quality, innovative products, and exceptional customer service since 1925.
For decades, we have saved our customers time and money by providing the industry’s best, most reliable building products, resources and services. We are Building Products for a Better Future® one project at a time.
National Gypsum Company operates as a family of companies working together toward a common goal with collaboration and open communication. Our corporate entities include: NG Corporate, LLC; National Gypsum Services Company; Gold Bond Building Products, LLC; Gold Bond Canada, LLC; ProForm Finishing Products, LLC; PermaBASE Building Products, LLC; and Unifix Inc.
Gold Bond Building Products, LLC has an immediate opening for a Mine Engineer at our Ft. Dodge, IA plant location. This position will report to the Quarry Manager.
Hiring Entity: Gold Bond Building Products, LLC
This position will be primarily responsible for mine planning and capital project management. Additionally, the mine engineer will assist the Quarry Manager in managing the operations.
Major Job Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- Develop and update the mine plan to cover all aspects of mining, both short- and long-term. This includes: exploration activities, stripping, production, reclamation, reserves and property rights, royalty payments, maintenance, leases, etc.
- Ensure that all State and Federal environmental regulations are in compliance and maintain all required records.
- Operate equipment and assist with routine repairs as required for development of operational knowledge and quarry efficiency
- Manage the PM maintenance program and ensure that all PM’s and PDM tasks are completed on mobile equipment
- Routinely review practices and results to determine production efficiencies and recommend improvements
- Help maintain a safe work environment through effective housekeeping, enforcement of safe work practices, corporate safety policies, and MSHA rules and regulations
- Surveying to include cut layout, road locations, stockpiles, etc. Drone surveying a plus.
- Develop, prepare, manage, and implement capital projects
- Share responsibility controlling mine budget (labor, repair material, supplies, etc.)
- Assist in supervising the workforce
- Bachelor of Science in Mine Engineering is required
- Previous mining experience is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and AutoCAD
• Competitive salary;
• Comprehensive benefits to include:
o 401(k) with employer match
o Retirement Account
o Paid holidays
o Life Insurance
o Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
o Flexible spending accounts
o Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
-Please visit our website at: www.nationalgypsum.com
-Interested / Qualified candidates, please apply online
-No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please
-Employment ready applicants only
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.
All National Gypsum Company and corporate affiliate companies, including: NG Corporate, LLC, National Gypsum Services Company, Gold Bond Building Products, LLC, Gold Bond Canada, LLC, ProForm Finishing Products, LLC, PermaBASE Building Products, LLC and Unifix Inc , are Equal Opportunity Employers. Please visit www.nationalgypsum.com to view all of our exciting employment opportunities. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. All companies participate in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.