National Gypsum Company, headquartered in Charlotte, NC, is the exclusive service provider of reliable, high-performance building products marketed under the Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® brands. The National Gypsum name – through its Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® product lines – has been synonymous with high-quality, innovative products, and exceptional customer service since 1925.
For decades, we have saved our customers time and money by providing the industry’s best, most reliable building products, resources and services. We are Building Products for a Better Future® one project at a time.
National Gypsum Company operates as a family of companies working together toward a common goal with collaboration and open communication. Our corporate entities include: NG Corporate, LLC; National Gypsum Services Company; Gold Bond Building Products, LLC; Gold Bond Canada, LLC; ProForm Finishing Products, LLC; PermaBASE Building Products, LLC; and Unifix Inc.
Gold Bond Building Products, LLC has an immediate opening for a Production Operator at our Burlington, NJ plant location. This position will report to the Production Supervisor.
Hiring Entity: Gold Bond building products, llc
The Production Operator is responsible for operating computer-controlled production equipment as well as manufacturing wallboard products. First, Second and Third shift opportunities are currently available. With Safety as the #1 priority, the main responsibilities include following standard operating procedures and job safety analyses to ensure product specifications and tolerance levels are met. Day to day activities include product line changeovers and machine adjustments; maintaining required production records and reporting any inconsistencies or equipment issues; assisting with quality assurance testing of the final product.
Major Job Responsibilities ( not all inclusive):
- Responsible for keeping Safety First for yourself and your co-workers
- Must be able to safely drive a forklift
- Determine corrective action necessary to minimize downtime, increase productivity, and maintain continuity of operations
- Ability to make machine and process adjustments to ensure product is within required specifications, while communicating effectively with co-workers
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment at the operator level
- Identify and communicate safety hazards, quality deficiencies and machine process issues to management
- Know and comply with all safety and quality policies and procedures
- Perform production machinery and equipment inspections to ensure proper operation and safety
- Perform routine finished goods quality control tests
- Maintain a clean and orderly work-space
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Demonstrate a clear focus on safety as the main priority of the job
- Ability to work in a factory/manufacturing plant environment
- Basic computer skills needed to operate factory equipment and perform production data entry
- Familiarity with common hand tools/proper use (hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, putty knife, tape measure, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills; demonstrated ability to determine root cause of machine equipment failure
- Positive attitude and the ability to work in a team environment; communicate effectively with co-workers and management
- Overtime and weekend shift work may be required up to 12 hours per day, 7 days per week
- Basic math skills
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Physically able to stand, climb ladders and walk for extended periods of time
- Fast learner and strong work ethic
- Bulldozer and front-end loader experience, a plus
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits to include:
o 401(k) with employer match
o Retirement Account
o Paid holidays
o Life Insurance
o Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
o Flexible spending accounts
o Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
Interested / Qualified candidates, please apply online
No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please
Employment ready applicants only
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.
All National Gypsum Company and corporate affiliate companies, including: NG Corporate, LLC, National Gypsum Services Company, Gold Bond Building Products, LLC, Gold Bond Canada, LLC, ProForm Finishing Products, LLC, PermaBASE Building Products, LLC and Unifix Inc , are Equal Opportunity Employers. Please visit www.nationalgypsum.com to view all of our exciting employment opportunities. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. All companies participate in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.