National Gypsum Company, headquartered in Charlotte, NC, is the exclusive service provider of reliable, high-performance building products marketed under the Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® brands. The National Gypsum name – through its Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® product lines – has been synonymous with high-quality, innovative products, and exceptional customer service since 1925.
For decades, we have saved our customers time and money by providing the industry’s best, most reliable building products, resources and services. We are Building Products for a Better Future® one project at a time.
National Gypsum Company operates as a family of companies working together toward a common goal with collaboration and open communication. Our corporate entities include: NG Corporate, LLC; National Gypsum Services Company; Gold Bond Building Products, LLC; Gold Bond Canada, LLC; ProForm Finishing Products, LLC; PermaBASE Building Products, LLC; and Unifix Inc.
Gold Bond Building Products, LLC has an immediate opening for a Plant Safety Coordinator at our Waukegan, IL plant location. This position will report to the Plant Manager.
Hiring Entity: gold bond building products, llc
Job Summary :
The Plant Safety Coordinator position is responsible for serving as a resource to provide leadership and direction as well as establish a meaningful safety vision through commitment and Team Member ownership. This position will assist in the development, implementation and training of safety & health programs for all Team Members while ensuring compliance with company, federal and state safety & health regulations.
Major Job Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- Assist in the identification, development and administration of company safety training programs
- Monitor, revise, and implement ongoing updates in safety regulations, laws or reporting requirements. Provide technical safety and health support and information to all team members
- Coordinate and administer safety training initiatives for the plant to ensure compliance with OSHA regulatory and all other regulatory requirements
- Administer mandatory safety training and ensure all newly hired team members, agency employees, contractors, visitors and transferred employees receive proper training
- Assist with the enforcement of OSHA regulations and company policies
- Manage the safety inspection program and the maintenance of corresponding hazard control logs
- Ensure compliance to SDS programs and maintenance of the SDS program
- Ensure compliance to audit standards and work with 3rd party auditors and vendors to answer findings and complaints in a timely, efficient and professional manner
- Ensure team members operate in a safe, orderly, and clean environment. Drive the development of safe work procedures and make health and safety recommendations accordingly
- Manage the injury/illness and non-injury incident investigation process. Review reports and follow up as necessary
- Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to work hazards
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance. This will include property in and around the facility
- Review plans and specifications for projects & construction of new machinery or equipment to determine whether all safety requirements have been met
- Serve as a member of the First Aid/CPR Responder/ERT team
- Lead the plant Safety Committee ensuring representation from all departments; manage to ensure the committee is an active, functioning component of the overall program
- Assess Supervisor & Department Manager competency. Provide development opportunities as necessary in knowledge, training, observations, inspections, investigations, etc.
- Associates Degree or equivalent preferably in Safety & Health Management; or, three to five years related experience and/or training in the Safety & Health field; or, equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years Safety and Health experience in a manufacturing environment or 5 years of industrial experience
- 1 to 3 years’ experience developing and administering safety and health programs & training
- Working knowledge of OSHA General Industry Standards
- Excellent communication and group presentation skills with the capacity to be proactive and influence others
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and ensure that plans, guidance, and advice is accurate, timely and effective
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work and be flexible and available for on call hours before and/or after normal business hours in addition to off-shift hours as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer software applications including power point
- OSHA 10 Hour General Industry card & current FA/CPR/AED first responder training a plus
• Competitive salary;
• Comprehensive benefits to include:
o 401(k) with employer match
o Retirement Account
o Paid holidays
o Life Insurance
o Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
o Flexible spending accounts
o Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
Interested / Qualified candidates, please apply online
No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please
Employment ready applicants only
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.
All National Gypsum Company and corporate affiliate companies, including: NG Corporate, LLC, National Gypsum Services Company, Gold Bond Building Products, LLC, Gold Bond Canada, LLC, ProForm Finishing Products, LLC, PermaBASE Building Products, LLC and Unifix Inc , are Equal Opportunity Employers. Please visit www.nationalgypsum.com to view all of our exciting employment opportunities. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. All companies participate in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.