National Gypsum Company, headquartered in Charlotte, NC, is the exclusive service provider of reliable, high-performance building products marketed under the Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® brands. The National Gypsum name – through its Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® product lines – has been synonymous with high-quality, innovative products, and exceptional customer service since 1925.
For decades, we have saved our customers time and money by providing the industry’s best, most reliable building products, resources and services. We are Building Products for a Better Future® one project at a time.
National Gypsum Company operates as a family of companies working together toward a common goal with collaboration and open communication. Our corporate entities include: NG Corporate, LLC; National Gypsum Services Company; Gold Bond Building Products, LLC; Gold Bond Canada, LLC; ProForm Finishing Products, LLC; PermaBASE Building Products, LLC; and Unifix Inc.
Gold Bond Building Products, LLC has an immediate opening for a Plant Engineer at our Portsmouth, NH plant location. This position will report to the Production Manager.
Hiring Entity: Gold Bond Building Products, LLC
The purpose of this position is to ensure proper installation and maintenance of plant equipment and facilities to provide a safe, efficient and cost-effective operation.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive):
Act as both a Project and Process Engineer for the plant and support the maintenance manager and the maintenance department’s efforts.
As a Project Engineer:
- Assist in preparation of capital budgets by recommending specific projects, preparing appropriation requests, and obtaining competitive prices and/or bids
- Manage and complete Capital budget projects on-time and under budget
- Complete installation of project equipment, complete all appropriate training for operations and maintenance personnel and develop all required SOPs and PMs for those projects
- Evaluate plant equipment needs and recommend to the plant manager equipment to be purchased
- Coordinate with Division Engineering on all projects that require engineering assistance
- Prepare annual facility audit to assess the physical condition of buildings, grounds, and equipment. Estimate expenditures involved, determine implementation timeframe and set the priority of each project
As a Process Engineer:
- Troubleshoot electrical/mechanical failures and develop solutions
- Develop and implement strategies for process control technology upgrades
- Evaluate production problems related to plant equipment and recommend changes to the Plant Manager
- Design new equipment or modify existing equipment to improve plant operations
- Analyze new equipment for possible application to manufacturing process
Providing support to the Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Department, the successful candidate will:
- Assist plant purchasing agent and maintenance manager with the purchase of repair parts and services in accordance with quality, low cost, and delivery requirements
- Assist maintenance depart with preventive and predictive maintenance programs
- Liasion for Plant Control Systems, ie. Fire System, Chiller, Air Compressors, etc.
- Mentor the Electrical Apprentice
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering preferred or, equivalent work experience
- A minimum of two years manufacturing experience
- Strong competency in PLC programming, AutoCAD, and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of industrial electricity (power distribution, motor controls, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, possess leadership and training skills
• Competitive salary;
• Comprehensive benefits to include:
o 401(k) with employer match
o Retirement Account
o Paid holidays
o Life Insurance
o Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
o Flexible spending accounts
o Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
-Interested / Qualified candidates, please apply online
- No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please
- Employment ready applicants only
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.
All National Gypsum Company and corporate affiliate companies, including: NG Corporate, LLC, National Gypsum Services Company, Gold Bond Building Products, LLC, Gold Bond Canada, LLC, ProForm Finishing Products, LLC, PermaBASE Building Products, LLC and Unifix Inc , are Equal Opportunity Employers. Please visit www.nationalgypsum.com to view all of our exciting employment opportunities. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. All companies participate in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.