National Gypsum Company, headquartered in Charlotte, NC, is the exclusive service provider of reliable, high-performance building products marketed under the Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® brands. The National Gypsum name – through its Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® product lines – has been synonymous with high-quality, innovative products, and exceptional customer service since 1925.
For decades, we have saved our customers time and money by providing the industry’s best, most reliable building products, resources and services. We are Building Products for a Better Future® one project at a time.
National Gypsum Company operates as a family of companies working together toward a common goal with collaboration and open communication. Our corporate entities include: NG Corporate, LLC; National Gypsum Services Company; Gold Bond Building Products, LLC; Gold Bond Canada, LLC; ProForm Finishing Products, LLC; PermaBASE Building Products, LLC; and Unifix Inc.
Gold Bond Building Products, LLC has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Supervisor at our Richmond, CA plant location. This position will report to the Maintenance Manager.
Hiring Entity: Gold Bond Building Products, LLC
The purpose of this position is to ensure proper safeguards, operation and maintenance of plant equipment and facilities to provide a safe, efficient, reliable and cost-effective operation.
Major Job Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- Finish each day injury and accident free
- Manage a maintenance team of technicians
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating all shutdown and repair activities for the facility
- Responsible for control of repair parts inventory to optimize cash flow and insure availability of repair parts
- Focus on establishing and maintaining plant repair budget
- Effectively manage preventive and predictive maintenance programs
- Look for opportunities to improve safety, current process and minimize maintenance costs
- Willing to work beyond schedules to resolve problems, projects and emergency repairs
- Prepare estimates and complete appropriation request to capital funds
- Plan and manage capital projects to completion safely on time and within budget
- When applicable, coordinate and direct contractor safety, insurance compliance and activities to insure timely and cost-effective completion of projects
- A strong commitment and focus on safety with zero tolerance for short cuts
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a heavy industrial maintenance environment
- Previous managerial leadership experience required
- Self-directed individual - Ability to work with minimal supervision and achieve results
- Strong root cause analysis with excellent problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills, team development skills with a desire to lead with team input
- Strong leadership abilities resulting in a productive and driven team environment
- Good background in PLC’s, hydraulics and knowledge of steam boilers is a plus
• Competitive salary;
• Comprehensive benefits to include:
o 401(k) with employer match
o Retirement Account
o Paid holidays
o Life Insurance
o Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
o Flexible spending accounts
o Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
- Interested / Qualified candidates, please apply online
- No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please
- Employment ready applicants only
All National Gypsum Company and corporate affiliate companies, including: NG Corporate, LLC, National Gypsum Services Company, Gold Bond Building Products, LLC, Gold Bond Canada, LLC, ProForm Finishing Products, LLC, PermaBASE Building Products, LLC and Unifix Inc , are Equal Opportunity Employers. Please visit www.nationalgypsum.com to view all of our exciting employment opportunities. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. All companies participate in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position.