National Gypsum Company, headquartered in Charlotte, NC, is the exclusive service provider of reliable, high-performance building products marketed under the Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® brands. The National Gypsum name – through its Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® product lines – has been synonymous with high-quality, innovative products, and exceptional customer service since 1925.
For decades, we have saved our customers time and money by providing the industry’s best, most reliable building products, resources and services. We are Building Products for a Better Future® one project at a time.
National Gypsum Company operates as a family of companies working together toward a common goal with collaboration and open communication. Our corporate entities include: NG Corporate, LLC; National Gypsum Services Company; Gold Bond Building Products, LLC; Gold Bond Canada, LLC; ProForm Finishing Products, LLC; PermaBASE Building Products, LLC; and Unifix Inc.
National Gypsum Services Company has an immediate opening for a Demand Planner at our Charlotte, NC location. This position will report to the Manager of Demand Planning.
Hiring Entity: National Gypsum services company
The Demand Planner position is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with an assigned portfolio of customers and products. The Demand Planner creates and maintains statistical forecast models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence (i.e.: John Burns or other syndicated consumer data) and forecast information gathered over the monthly Demand Planning process.
The Demand Planner will actively work within SAP/ APO-DP and our Demand Planning Analyst to maintain planning responsibilities for a high-profile product / customer portfolio supporting ~$310 Million USD in gross revenue. This position participates on various teams throughout the month with key counterparts across Sales and Marketing, Supply Chain and Customer Service. The monthly deliverable is active participation in the process and constructing a Consensus Demand Plan for assigned region(s).
This position requires excellent analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills. The judgment and insight developed through the education and experience qualifications outlined below are also a pre-requisite. Well-developed interpersonal skills are essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process. Additionally, superior facilitation skills are required.
Major Job Responsibilities ( not all inclusive):
- Develop demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function. Assist with the creation of a Consensus Demand Plan on a monthly basis.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results. Actively manage forecast performance month over month to improve MAPE and other key forecast accuracy metrics for assigned portfolio.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions within SAPs APO/DP Planning Book. Must have strong business acumen to validate, test, hypothesize and draw conclusions for multi-channel customer driven demand scenarios.
- Interact with Sales, Marketing, Product Management and Finance to understand demand forecast drivers. Synthesize inputs and work closely with Regional Market Managers and Regional Network Supply Planners to materialize Consensus Demand Plan.
- Use and maintain SAP’s APO/DP platform as the primary forecasting system tool. Maintain an active Planning Book inclusive of actionable notes with ongoing follow through.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer demand plans with supply planning during weekly meetings to balance demand against capacity.
- Provide input to volume planning (Latest Estimates / annual process)
- Actively engage in all meetings within the Demand Planning Cycle
- Maintain SAP’s APO DP
- Enter and modify data and ensure the correctness of product hierarchy
- Monitor trends in forecast error
- Identify relevant market-related data and competitive intelligence
- Create and maintain new Geographical Demand Maps including territory maps by customers, sales regions, primary regions, products and industries
- BS degree from an accredited School of Business in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Economics, Statistics, Business or Finance, or
- An undergraduate degree in Life Sciences or Liberal Arts from an accredited University and at least one of the following:
- Post Graduate degree in Supply Chain Analytics or Supply Chain Management
- APICS CPIM certification (Note: APICS CIRM is not an acceptable substitution of the APICS CPIM certification)
- Certified Professional Forecaster from the Institute of Business Forecasting and Planning
- Two or more years of demonstrable experience in Demand Planning, with a large National or Global Manufacturer. Multi-division / Channel experience is a strong plus.
- Experience with a Statistical Forecasting Tool such as; Oracle’s Demantra, John Galt, Logility, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistical forecasting models and methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Experienced with other software packages including Windows, and Microsoft Office.
• Competitive salary;
• Comprehensive benefits to include:
- 401(k) with employer match
- Retirement Account
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
- COVID Vaccine Personal Choice Employer
-Interested / Qualified candidates, please apply online
-No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please
-Employment ready applicants only
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.
All National Gypsum Company and corporate affiliate companies, including: NG Corporate, LLC, National Gypsum Services Company, Gold Bond Building Products, LLC, Gold Bond Canada, LLC, ProForm Finishing Products, LLC, PermaBASE Building Products, LLC and Unifix Inc , are Equal Opportunity Employers. Please visit www.nationalgypsum.com to view all of our exciting employment opportunities. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. All companies participate in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.