National Gypsum Company, headquartered in Charlotte, NC, is the exclusive service provider of reliable, high-performance building products marketed under the Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® brands. The National Gypsum name – through its Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® product lines – has been synonymous with high-quality, innovative products, and exceptional customer service since 1925.
For decades, we have saved our customers time and money by providing the industry’s best, most reliable building products, resources and services. We are Building Products for a Better Future® one project at a time.
National Gypsum Company operates as a family of companies working together toward a common goal with collaboration and open communication. Our corporate entities include: NG Corporate, LLC; National Gypsum Services Company; Gold Bond Building Products, LLC; Gold Bond Canada, LLC; ProForm Finishing Products, LLC; PermaBASE Building Products, LLC; and Unifix Inc.
National Gypsum Services Company has an immediate opening for a Fire Test Engineer at our Buffalo, NY location. This position will report to the Manager of Testing Services & Quality.
Hiring Entity: National Gypsum services company
This position is key to providing testing services to commercial clients and for National Gypsum through NGC Testing Services. The incumbent will have primarily fire testing responsibilities but will also assist in other testing areas such as acoustical and structural testing and provide technical services in these same testing areas. The position also requires a working knowledge of standard designs, such as those published by UL and others, and construction technologies. This position will report to the Manager of Testing Services and Quality.
Major Job Responsibilities ( not all inclusive):
- Conduct fire testing of products and assemblies, record test data and observations, analyze test results and disseminate results to client. Prepare and issue formal fire test reports.
- Assist in establishing fire testing and maintenance procedures and policies
- Respond to prospective client enquiries received by phone or email by providing technical and test capability information
- Assist to coordinate test projects, including determining all requirements and establishing testing time frames. Ensure plans are followed and test projects are completed within the agreed time schedule.
- Assist in monitoring test fees, man hours and material costs involved in fire test projects and drafting monthly invoices outlining the same
- Assist in quotations to clients based on the laboratories established cost guidelines. Assist in drafting Standard Service Agreements for clients.
- Develop extensive knowledge of standard designs such as those published by ASTM, NFPA, UL and other standards developing organizations
- Provide technical support to internal customers such as National Gypsum’s 1-800 Group, Marketing, TIC and other business units. Analyze National Gypsum sponsored fire test results and propose fire test assembly improvements.
- Assist in maintaining the laboratory’s quality management system and IAS and NVLAP accreditations
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Fire Technology, Construction Technology, or related field
- Minimum five years of experience in fire testing or other building assembly/product testing
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects while maintaining high quality customer service
- Experience in writing technical reports
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of Lab View or other computer programming languages
- Knowledge of construction technology and materials and fire science theories, preferred
• Competitive salary;
• Comprehensive benefits to include:
- 401(k) with employer match
- Retirement Account
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
- COVID Vaccine Personal Choice Employer
-Interested / Qualified candidates, please apply online
-No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please
-Employment ready applicants only
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.
All National Gypsum Company and corporate affiliate companies, including: NG Corporate, LLC, National Gypsum Services Company, Gold Bond Building Products, LLC, Gold Bond Canada, LLC, ProForm Finishing Products, LLC, PermaBASE Building Products, LLC and Unifix Inc , are Equal Opportunity Employers. Please visit www.nationalgypsum.com to view all of our exciting employment opportunities. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. All companies participate in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.