Gold Bond Building Products, LLC has an immediate opening for a Department Manager at our Baltimore, MD location. This position will report to the production manager.
The purpose of this position is to direct the activities of the department to achieve objectives and ensure an efficient operation at minimum cost.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive):
- Assist the Production Manager in all board plant activities
- Assist in hiring of all board plant associates
- Assist in developing training programs in the areas of safety, quality, and job training for a safe and successful startup
- Direct all activities of production supervisors to ensure production standards and objectives are met or exceeded and appropriate inventory levels are maintained
- Schedule board plant production to meet customer orders, maximize plant efficiency and maintain appropriate finished goods inventory
- Maintain inventory of supplies and raw materials required for board plant operations
- Set priorities on scheduled maintenance requirements with the maintenance department. Decide on immediate maintenance needs that require stopping production, and prepare contingency plans to continue production in the event that an anticipated maintenance problem must be fixed prior to a scheduled downtime
- Review and verify production reports and take appropriate action to reverse unfavorable trends to reinforce favorable trends of major cost elements
- Motivate personnel and ensure that plant employee relations policies are consistently and fairly administered to effectively promote good morale, housekeeping and high productivity
- Monitor board plant compliance with federal, state and local pollution control regulations
- Assist in the preparation of operating and capital budgets
- Coordinate with the shipping department to ensure materials are received and shipped as needed
- Ensure a safe working environment through effective safety training, safety inspections and follow-up on housekeeping issues
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree preferred or at least 3 years experience in a Production Supervisor (board plant) position
- Excellent training and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills to coordinate training sessions, raw material deliveries, and maintenance meetings to solve production problems
- High level of energy and a willingness to get involved with people and production problems
- Strong leadership ability
- A commitment to safety
• Competitive salary;
• Comprehensive benefits to include:
o 401(k) with employer match
o Retirement Account
o Parental Leave
o Fertility Services
o Adoption Assistance
o Paid Vacation
o Paid Holidays
o Tuition Reimbursement
o Life Insurance
o Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
o Flexible spending accounts
o Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
-COVID Vaccine Personal Choice Employer
-Interested / Qualified candidates, please apply online
-No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please
-Employment ready applicants only
National Gypsum Company, headquartered in Charlotte, NC, is the exclusive service provider of reliable, high-performance building products marketed under the Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® brands. The National Gypsum name – through its Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® product lines – has been synonymous with high-quality, innovative products, and exceptional customer service since 1925.
For decades, we have saved our customers time and money by providing the industry’s best, most reliable building products, resources and services. We are Building Products for a Better Future® one project at a time.
National Gypsum Company operates as a family of companies working together toward a common goal with collaboration and open communication. Our corporate entities include: NG Corporate, LLC; National Gypsum Services Company; Gold Bond Building Products, LLC; Gold Bond Canada, LLC; ProForm Finishing Products, LLC; PermaBASE Building Products, LLC; and Unifix Inc.
Hiring Entity: gold bond building products, llc
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.
All National Gypsum Company and corporate affiliate companies, including: NG Corporate, LLC, National Gypsum Services Company, Gold Bond Building Products, LLC, Gold Bond Canada, LLC, ProForm Finishing Products, LLC, PermaBASE Building Products, LLC and Unifix Inc , are Equal Opportunity Employers. Please visit www.nationalgypsum.com to view all of our exciting employment opportunities. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. All companies participate in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
If you are a California resident, click here to understand how National Gypsum Company and its affiliates process your personal information.