PermaBASE has an immediate opening for an Assistant Plant Manager Trainee (MMDP) at our Clinton, IN location. This position will report to the Assistant Plant Manager.
Utilizing our Manufacturing Management Development Program (MMDP) to train for an upcoming Assistant Plant Manager vacancy, this position is responsible for assisting the Assistant Plant Manager in overseeing/managing all aspects of plant operations while ensuring that safety, quality, cost and productivity goals are achieved.
Major Job Responsibilities ( not all inclusive):
- Assist the Assistant Plant Manager in all plant management functions
- Collaborate with the Assistant Plant Manager to set strategic goals and vision for the plant, as well as short term and long-term production goals
- Oversee and manage plant operations in the absence of the Assistant Plant Manager
- Ensure a safe working environment through effective safety training and safety inspections
- Direct the Production Department to ensure that product quality specifications and established manufacturing metrics are met
- Supervise the Production Department Team Leaders and Shipping Department associates
- Manage the Quality Assurance Program including response to internal and external quality issues, day-to-day oversight of raw materials, and finished product quality and testing
- Ensure that product certifications (UL, FM, etc.) requirements are met for all applicable products
- Facilitator for implementation of process control systems
- Maintain budgeted raw material usage and reporting accuracy requirements
- Serve on special projects/assignments as may be required by management
- Motivate plant associates in a manner that effectively promotes good morale, housekeeping, and high productivity
- Coach, mentor and train all plant associates to maintain safety, product quality, and maximize productivity
- Assist the HR&HS Manager in the Hiring/Training/Retaining process
- Evaluate plant performance against production goals and adjust resources (e.g. associates, equipment, materials) as needed to optimize safety, quality, and cost-efficiency of operation
- Lead by example and promote the company's values by living them daily
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related science with an advanced degree considered a plus
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ direct manufacturing management experience – preferably in building materials or similar goods
- Experience as a Production Manager in a batch manufacturing process is preferred
- Experience with automated filling, packaging and palletization equipment a plus
- Proven ability to build successful work teams, motivate and develop people
- Proven “hands-on” style of management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven record of successful supervision and leadership responsibilities
• Competitive salary;
• Comprehensive benefits to include:
- 401(k) with employer match
- Retirement Account
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
-COVID Vaccine Personal Choice Employer
-Interested / Qualified candidates, please apply online
-No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please
-Employment ready applicants only
National Gypsum Company, headquartered in Charlotte, NC, is the exclusive service provider of reliable, high-performance building products marketed under the Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® brands. The National Gypsum name – through its Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® product lines – has been synonymous with high-quality, innovative products, and exceptional customer service since 1925.
For decades, we have saved our customers time and money by providing the industry’s best, most reliable building products, resources and services. We are Building Products for a Better Future® one project at a time.
National Gypsum Company operates as a family of companies working together toward a common goal with collaboration and open communication. Our corporate entities include: NG Corporate, LLC; National Gypsum Services Company; Gold Bond Building Products, LLC; Gold Bond Canada, LLC; ProForm Finishing Products, LLC; PermaBASE Building Products, LLC; and Unifix Inc.
Hiring Entity: permabase
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.
All National Gypsum Company and corporate affiliate companies, including: NG Corporate, LLC, National Gypsum Services Company, Gold Bond Building Products, LLC, Gold Bond Canada, LLC, ProForm Finishing Products, LLC, PermaBASE Building Products, LLC and Unifix Inc , are Equal Opportunity Employers. Please visit www.nationalgypsum.com to view all of our exciting employment opportunities. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. All companies participate in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.