National Gypsum Company and its family of companies have immediate openings for Automation / Controls Engineers at various locations across the country.
The purpose of this position is to ensure proper installation and maintenance of plant equipment and facilities to provide a safe, efficient and cost-effective operation. This position will report to the Plant Manager.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive):
- Troubleshoot and upgrade manufacturing equipment controls
- Lead in the installation of controls and auxiliaries on produciton equipment
- Perform routine system administration and maintenance activities (such as system monitoring, backup, etc.) for control networks and Allen-Bradley PLC Systems
- Provide on-call support to Manufacturing in the area of automation troubleshooting
- Provide troubleshooting support on control systems process/manufacturing related issues
- Assist to maintain implementation control strategies for automated processes and equipment
- Assist in preparation of capital budgets by recommending specific projects, preparing appropriation requests, and obtaining competitive prices and/or bids
- Assist in installation of project equipment, appropriate training for operations and maintenance personnel and develop all required SOPs and PMs for those projects
- Evaluate plant equipment needs and recommend to the plant manager equipment to be purchased
- Coordinate with Division Engineering on all projects that require engineering assistance
- Assist in preparation of annual facility audit to assess the physical condition of buildings, grounds, and equipment; estimate expenditure involved, determine implementation timeframe and set the priority of each project
- Troubleshoot electrical/mechanical failures and develop solutions
- Develop and implement strategies for process control technology upgrades
- Design new equipment or modify existing equipment to improve plant operations
- Analyze new equipment for possible application to manufacturing process
Providing support to the Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Department, the successful candidate will:
- Assist plant purchasing agent and maintenance manager with the purchase of repair parts and services in accordance with quality, low cost, and delivery requirements
- Assist maintenance department with preventive and predictive maintenance programs
- Liasion for Plant Control Systems, ie. Fire System, Chiller, Air Compressors, etc.
- Mentor the Electrical Apprentice
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering preferred or, equivalent work experience
- Allen Bradley Panel View use/programming Servos and VFD drives
- Minimu of 3 - 5 years of experience in PLC troubleshooting
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years Allen Bradley systems experience (RSLogix)
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of high volume production/process equipment experience
- Strong competency in PLC programming, AutoCAD, and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of industrial electricity (power distribution, motor controls, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, possess leadership and training skills
• Competitive salary;
• Comprehensive benefits to include:
- 401(k) with employer match
- Retirement Account
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
-COVID Vaccine Personal Choice Employer
-Interested / Qualified candidates, please apply online
-No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please
-Employment ready applicants only
National Gypsum Company, headquartered in Charlotte, NC, is the exclusive service provider of reliable, high-performance building products marketed under the Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® brands. The National Gypsum name – through its Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® product lines – has been synonymous with high-quality, innovative products, and exceptional customer service since 1925.
For decades, we have saved our customers time and money by providing the industry’s best, most reliable building products, resources and services. We are Building Products for a Better Future® one project at a time.
National Gypsum Company operates as a family of companies working together toward a common goal with collaboration and open communication. Our corporate entities include: NG Corporate, LLC; National Gypsum Services Company; Gold Bond Building Products, LLC; Gold Bond Canada, LLC; ProForm Finishing Products, LLC; PermaBASE Building Products, LLC; and Unifix Inc.
Hiring Entity: gold bond buidling products, llc
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.
All National Gypsum Company and corporate affiliate companies, including: NG Corporate, LLC, National Gypsum Services Company, Gold Bond Building Products, LLC, Gold Bond Canada, LLC, ProForm Finishing Products, LLC, PermaBASE Building Products, LLC and Unifix Inc , are Equal Opportunity Employers. Please visit www.nationalgypsum.com to view all of our exciting employment opportunities. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. All companies participate in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.