One Nevada licensed insurance agents provide quality service to all customers/members, generate new business by soliciting and quoting coverages for auto, home, liability and other applicable insurance products. Position requirements are as follows: A combination of education and experience equivalent to three plus years of sales and service in auto, home and liability insurance services. Property Casualty license and ability to maintain license via continuing education. A current life insurance license is preferred but not necessary, but must be obtained within 12 months of hire.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Sales and Administrative Support 80%
- Perform necessary duties related to client sales and service, phones, appointments, maintaining files and records, word processing and agency database management, assisting with advertising and mailing campaigns;
- Accepting payments on new or existing policies;
- Securing expiration dates from prospects (the date their current policy expires and their current carrier), obtaining basic qualifying information (i.e., year/make/model of automobile, drivers, driving history, date of birth, vehicle usage, annual mileage, type of residence and dwelling specifics as well as other pertinent information required to secure quotes and policy information;
- Taking loss information from customers/members when appropriate and coordinating with the claims department of the appropriate carrier;
- Handling changes to existing policies regarding binding of additional coverages, increasing or decreasing coverages, removal of coverages, or the addition of vehicles;
- Informing insureds as to coverages indicated on the policy record;
- Soliciting for insurance, quoting coverage and premiums, providing advice concerning coverages, limits or deductibles; and
- Interviewing customers/members for the purpose of developing information as part of the completion of an application and assisting with the completion/submission of policy applications.
- Under direction of the President One Nevada Insurance Services, the insurance agent will assist with periodic research on existing product lines and competing products, monitors financial condition of insurance carriers for ongoing viability, customer/member and broker support;
- Assists with insurance product and sales training for ONCU staff;
- Complies with product, regulatory, legal, State of Nevada Insurance issues;
- Attends various meetings and training sessions, related to product wholesalers and vendors in order to understand the product offerings; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge and skills in uses and applications of word processing, spreadsheets, CRM databases, Internet, Microsoft PowerPoint, and personal computer peripheral hardware, including image scanners and applicable software including software programs utilized to obtain and bind insurance products;
- Excellent skills in performing high quality service standards in interaction with consumers, prospective members and personnel within other departments of the credit union;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in person and over the phone to assist in setting appointments and properly serving customers/members;
- Strong skills in organizing and coordinating special projects to ensure completeness and timely execution;
- Strong skills in creatively developing and coordinating branding events that could include customer/member education seminars, specific brochures, branch training, web site presence, etc.;
- Ability to coordinate back office activities including finalizing paperwork, scanning, tracking submitted business, mailing, etc.;
- Strong attention to detail with examining documents and reports for completeness and compliance with established policies;
- Ability to analyze situations and recommend solutions;
- Ability to acquire knowledge of currently available insurance products and services;
- Ability to become a licensed life agent;
- Strong ability to analyze problems and opportunities then evaluate and implement effective alternatives, solutions or approaches;
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks and assignments in a high volume work environment;
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Must be able to plan, implement, and evaluate the achievement of goals, objectives, and work plans;
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and members;
- Must be able to maintain regularly scheduled attendance; and
- Must be able to relate appropriately to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instruction, and communicating with others; and (c) respond appropriately to constructive feedback from a supervisor.
Education and Experience
A combination of education and experience equivalent to three plus years of sales and service in auto, home and liability insurance services. Property Casualty license and ability to maintain license via continuing education. A current life insurance license is preferred but not necessary, but must be obtained within 12 months of hire.