Make a difference at OCHIN!
OCHIN is dedicated to creating a healthier future in every community. Our Health IT solutions improve the integration and delivery of health care services across a wide variety of practices—with an emphasis on safety net clinics and small practices.
Here at OCHIN, our goal is simple: to provide solutions that promote access to quality, affordable health care for all. OCHIN believes that each individual, no matter their background or zip code, should have fair opportunity to achieve their full health potential. Our work addresses differences in health that are systemic, avoidable, and unjust. This mission sets us apart from other health technology organizations.
Over the last 20 years, we’ve grown from a small start-up to one of the nation’s largest and most successful Health Information Networks. We are curious, collaborative learners who strive to live our values everyday: leadership, collaboration, excellence, innovation, inclusion and stewardship. At OCHIN we partner, learn, innovate, and advocate in order to close the gap in health for individuals and communities negatively impacted by structural, unconscious, or overt inequities.
The Research Operations Coordinator at OCHIN ensures that the Research Department runs smoothly and efficiently.
In this role, the Research Operations Coordinator will support and maintain infrastructure, processes, policies and procedures related to:
- Department operations:
- Maintain procedures related to hiring, onboarding, team meetings, training and development, advising on procurement of research-specific software and tools and resources (e.g., Medline journals), meeting best practices, etc.
- Research project operations:
- Update and maintain the policies and procedures governing how research is conducted, including proposal development, study start-up, IRB and regulatory procedures, data handling, dissemination best practices, engagement policies and procedures, etc.
- Assist with organizational operations by supporting connections between the Research Team and OCHIN as an organization, supporting or implementing organization-wide policies and procedures within the research team (e.g., time tracking, issues escalation, change initiatives, telecommuting policies, etc.).
Primary responsibilities including supporting a central operations team to help define and implement policies and procedures in support of the research department and projects. This includes:
- Assist in adapting project management best practices for research projects and training staff on these practices.
- Support regular trainings for staff on research policies and procedures, identifying training needs and bringing in internal or external trainings.
- Provide input and facilitation in tool and application integration and use.
- Track the Research Department metrics to report the department’s growth and success.
- Maintain a Research Wiki page and other centralized resources to provide information and resources to the research team.
- Identify processes for keeping the team up to date on project status.
- Support other operations teams and research teams, as needed.
- Secondary responsibilities include supporting or executing special projects that support the research team (e.g., oversee software implementation to help manage research projects, developing systems to track conflict of interest).
- The Research Operations Coordinator also provides critical support to the Core Leaders, Research Grants and Contracts Managers, as well as Research Supervisors and Managers to support the Research Network and growth of the department. Examples include enhancing role descriptions, providing support to hiring managers, and supporting the development of other resources as needed to support the successful functioning of the department and its teams.
- 6+ years applicable experience (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in research or health-related field may substitute for some experience.
- Five plus years of health-related research experience (post-degree) preferably in a health care or health information technology setting or comparable experience; demonstrated experience working on research operations, including managing research projects and/or the research life cycle, developing and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Research administrative and management experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of medicine, public health, and health services issues relevant to the application of research to health care phenomena and health care policy.
- Working knowledge of standard desktop computing software packages (word processing, spread sheeting, presentation software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Some supervisory experience is preferred.
Work Location and Travel Requirements
- This position is 100% remote. Work from home requirements are:
- Ability to work independently and efficiently from a home office environment.
- High Speed Internet Service.
- It is a requirement that employees work in a distraction free workplace.
- Travel may be required based on business requirements for OCHIN Go-Live events, 1-2 trips per year.
We offer a comprehensive range of benefits. See our website for details: https://ochin.org/employment-openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement
OCHIN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills for the benefit of our staff, our mission, and the communities we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, OCHIN, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital or civil union status, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics. All aspects of employment are based on merit, performance, and business needs.