Immediate Hire - Fort Belvoir
SATCOM SYSTEMS ENGINEER
The SATCOM Systems Engineer will provide technical analysis and guidance in support of SATCOM acquisition initiatives by Product Manager, Wideband Enterprise Satellite Systems (PdM WESS).
- Provide technical expertise relevant to SATCOM modems, L-Band IF architecture, Digital IF architecture and associated subsystems.
- Deliver technical analysis, performance requirements, design review, integration support and consultation on complex problems.
- Provide systems engineering required to upgrade and modernize DoD SATCOM Gateway terminal equipment and to support the Earth segment architecture transition to Digital IF.
- Provide technical support for DoD SATCOM equipment development.
- Apply key subject matter expertise on modems, DSP and SATCOM technology to customer activities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or higher
- Up to 3-5 years’ experience in any of the following areas: modem design or analysis, IF/RF design or analysis, Digital Signal Processing (DSP) systems engineering or analysis
- Test experience a plus: Spectrum Analyzer (SA), Vector Signal Analyzer (VSA), Bit Error Rate Test Set (BERTS), Eb/N0 test set, Vector Network Analyzer (VNA)
- Basic familiarity with IP networking fundamentals
- Good technical writing skills, including, specifications, analysis reports and test reports, with the ability to support military and industry standards
- Good verbal communication skills, including public speaking, technical meetings and technical collaboration
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently
Active DoD Secret Clearance required or ability to obtain one
25%-50% travel each month
Systek values diversity. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities