Wis-Pak Inc., a leader in the manufacturing and distribution of Pepsi-Cola and other leading beverages is currently seeking a Facility Manager at its non-union corporate location in Watertown, Wisconsin.
Wis-Pak Inc., has experienced significant growth over the years and has added multiple locations throughout the United States. We provide a safe and clean work environment for our employees as well as competitive salaries and excellent benefits (health, dental, vision, accident, critical illness, short and long term disability insurance, matching 401(k), profit sharing, bonus potential, paid holidays, free uniforms, generous paid time off and employee discounts on our products.
The Facility Managers position is a Management Team position. The Facility Manager will ensure that all functions of the facility carried out in a safe and efficient manner and that personnel are given the tools and training necessary. The Facility Manager will also serve as a Facility Food Safety Team Member. The Facility Manager directs overall facility operations ensuring the achievement of production objectives at the lowest cost consistent with company quality standards and meeting customer delivery requirements and specifications.
JOB DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Note: The job functions relate to the job, not the individual)
- Maintain a safe working environment for employees.
- Ensure all employees are trained and following all plant and safety, Food Safety, GMP, OSHA and sanitation regulations.
- Will be an active member of the Management Team and work closely with all members to develop best practices for the facility.
- Will be an active member of the Food Safety Team, which includes staying up to date with food safety training.
- Will be key member of the facility audit team.
- Will promote and actively demonstrate continuous improvement within the facility. Evaluate, recommend and implement improvements in methods and processes to increase productivity and quality. Develop plans for the maximum utilization of materials, machines and personnel.
- Will develop, justify, recommend and implement an annual budget for facility. Ensure capital projects are on time and within budgetary constraints. Analyze and report on variances of actual vs budget.
- Maintain high safety standards, conduct audits, enforce safety policies, and ensure PPE is used.
- Follow and enforce all Wis-Pak policies and procedures.
- Provide all training necessary to personnel to operate efficiently
- Manage department personnel and assign tasks
- Must prioritize, schedule and delegate work assignments and directly oversee staff to ensure the achievement of production objectives at the lowest cost consistent with company quality requirements and meeting customer delivery requirements and specifications.
- Review and analyze productions costs, product quality and various production statistics; modify production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of facility.
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment and building and establish facility housekeeping standards.
- Keep records and procedures up to date.
- Conduct meetings as needed and participate in facility meetings. Lead cross functional teams to address and resolve facility issues and improve quality and productivity.
- Keep current on new manufacturing technology and production trends. Monitor and evaluate trends to determine if applicable to Wis-Pak operations.
- Assist and communicate professionally with other departments.
- Must be able and willing to travel as needed and attend external training.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in production operations management and a total of seven years of experience.
- Must possess good people skills.
- Possess good skills, in math, verbal and written communication.
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, time management skills and a proven ability to problem solve.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations, including setting a good example.
- Follow all Food Safety Plan practices and guidelines.
This list of job duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.