FuseFX has an opening in Los Angeles! We have opportunities at our studio for an experienced and talented Digital Matte Painter with a background in television and/or feature film VFX to join our creative team.
A FuseFX Digital Matte Painter is responsible for painting/creating photorealistic digital images then applying those images to geometry in a 3-D environment with consistent and seamless results.
FuseFX is an Emmy-award winning visual effects and animation studio focused on producing photo-real digital effects for feature film, episodic television, and commercials.
- Reviewing client/company notes to determine the type, placement, and number of matte painting elements required
- Examining the plates, clips, and stills of the background and/or principal action as available
- Examining and evaluating the look of computer graphics in an effort to integrate the digital matte painting
- Preparing tests of proposed matte painting to show to the VFX Supervisor and/or client to apprise them of the progress and synchronization of matte work
- Finalizing and integrating the final elements
Traits of a successful FuseFX DMP:
- Experience in Photoshop, 3D S Max, Maya, Nuke, Shake, After Effects
- Knowledge of cameras, lenses, issues of perspective and parallax
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.