FuseFX has an opening in Vancouver. We have an opportunity at our studio for an experienced and talented Lighter, with a proficiency in Maya, for current and upcoming projects.
Lighting artists are responsible for the lighting and rendering of elements needed to complete high-end photo realistic CG environments. This position involves adapting to the needs of a project as it progresses and potentially pivoting between roles for different projects.
FuseFX is an award-winning Visual Effects Studio providing visual effects services for episodic television, feature films, commercials, virtual productions, and VR. Founded in 2006, the company employs 1200+ personnel across ten studio locations and three brands. Our flagship studio is in Los Angeles, CA, with locations in New York City, Vancouver, BC., and Atlanta. Our Montreal, Toronto, and Bogota studios are serviced by FOLKS VFX, who joined FuseFX in 2020. The Adelaide, Australia studio is serviced by Rising Sun Pictures, who joined FuseFX in 2021.
- Create and/or modify lighting templates, as required.
- Photo-real shader development using the latest HDRI, GI, and normal mapping techniques.
- Understanding of multi-pass rendering, and how the passes will be used for final composite.
- Comfortable completing a diverse array of 3D tasks, such as; animation, modelling, rigging, texturing, shading, lighting, rendering, effects, scripting, tracking and compositing are a plus.
- Able to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment to deliver consistently high-quality work and troubleshoot technical problems on assigned shots.
- Interface effectively with artists in other departments to ensure the seamless integration of work between disciplines, for example communicating frequently with Nuke Compositors assigned to the same shots.
- Sharp organizational and time management skills, able to engage in varied projects simultaneously while maintaining meticulous attention to detail and working towards deadlines.
- Maintain a desire to deliver consistently highly quality aesthetic and technical work, while encouraging colleagues to strive for the same standards.
- Should effectively execute all necessary assigned tasks while under tight production schedule deadlines
Traits of successful FuseFX Lighter:
- 5+ years’ experience in a production environment.
- Strong creative and technical abilities including understanding of color theory, motion, lighting principals and LUTs.
- Proficiency in Maya and Vray Rendering System
- Knowledge of applicable software includes: 3dsMax, Houdini, Clarrise, Nuke, Zbrush, Mari, Mudbox, ptGui, Substance Painter/Designer.
- Experience in other renders, Anorld, Renderman and Redshift is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude and team motivator
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.