FuseFX Vancouver is currently seeking talented and experienced Senior Rigging/Character TDs for current and upcoming projects.
FuseFX is an award-winning Visual Effects Studio providing visual effects services for episodic television, feature films, commercials, virtual and VR productions. Founded in 2006, the company employs 500+ personnel across seven studio locations: our flagship office in Los Angeles, CA, New York City, Vancouver, BC., and Atlanta. Our offices in Montreal, Toronto, and Bogota, are serviced by FOLKS VFX. Folks joined the FuseFX family of brands in 2020.
- Create realistic advanced rigs for a variety of characters, creatures, and props inside Maya.
- Perform rig maintenance and fixes during production as requested.
- Assist in the creation of new rig component development.
- Follow Supervisor directions, ensuring rigs created are accurate and effective for animation needs.
- Maintain a desire to deliver consistently highly quality aesthetic and technical work, while encouraging colleagues to strive for the same standards.
- Able to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment to deliver consistently high-quality work and troubleshoot technical problems on assigned rigging tasks.
- Should effectively execute all necessary assigned tasks while under tight production schedule deadlines
- Interface effectively with artists in other departments to ensure the seamless integration of work between disciplines.
- Sharp organizational and time management skills, able to engage in varied projects simultaneously while maintaining meticulous attention to detail and working towards deadlines.
Traits of successful FuseFX Senior Rigging/Character TD:
- 10+ years experience rigging human and creature bipeds, quadrupeds, vehicles, and props using Maya in a production environment.
- Experience using Python and Mel, C++ API/plugin development, PyQT/PySide, and building scripted rig setups, ideally using a dynamic parts-based interface system and related utilities.
- Experience developing or using custom deformers, PSD systems, tentacle setups, eye bulge and sticky lip deformations, etc.
- Strong background in facial rigging and integration of motion capture data with rigs.
- Production experience with Deformers, Constraints, Hierarchies, Utility Nodes, Expressions, Hair & Cloth, Muscle/Skin, weighting, and dynamics.
- Strong understanding of animation needs in regard to functionality, feature set, evaluation speed, rig controls, and artist interactivity.
- Thorough knowledge of weighting and skinning.
- Demonstrated ability to rig in a realistic, non-cartoon manner, as well as ability to create squash and stretch setups with dynamics and jiggle.
- Knowledge of anatomy and an understanding of bio-mechanics for both humanoids and animals.
- Knowledge of Ziva Dynamics, Ornatrix, Mush3D, Wrap, Rizom, Golaem, Unreal/Unity, and Marvelous Designer is desired.
- Strong creative and technical abilities.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Positive attitude and team motivator.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and remotely across studio locations.
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.