FuseFX has an opening in Vancouver! We have opportunities at our studio for an experienced and talented Maya Technical Director with a background in television and/or feature film VFX to join our creative team.
FuseFX is an award-winning Visual Effects Studio providing visual effects services for episodic television, feature films, commercials, virtual and VR productions. Founded in 2006, the company employs 500+ personnel across seven studio locations: our flagship office in Los Angeles, CA, New York City, Vancouver, BC., and Atlanta. Our offices in Montreal, Toronto, and Bogota, is serviced by FOLKS VFX. Folks joined the FuseFX family of brands in 2020
- Write new tools and support existing toolsets in Python and MEL for Maya artists; general Maya troubleshooting for artists, including issues in rendering, animation, tracking, etc.
- Providing documentation of all development with consistent updates
- Implement new systems for workflow improvement and data management
- Identify bugs and resolve issues while optimizing existing systems
- Troubleshoot artist's scenes and provide technical solutions and fixes
- Communicate with Autodesk regarding open tickets, feature requests, and beta testing
- Collaborate with pipeline team, software developers, CG Supervisors, and artists to improve and refine overall workflow and determine the best solutions to problems
Traits of a successful FuseFX Maya TD:
- A computer science degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years experience as a Maya TD. Experience as an artist in production preferred
- The ability to translate an artist's perspective while designing tools with a focus on usability
- Extensive working knowledge of Python, PySide, PyQT, and Mel
- The ability to prioritize production needs while multitasking on various development tasks
- Proactive self-starter that can independently identify tool solutions without requiring additional prompting from supervisors
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Desirable skills include: Maya API, C++, Deadline, VRay, Redshift, GIT
- * Knowledge of additional 3D packages a plus, including 3DSMax, Houdini, SynthEyes, PFTrack, and Clarisse.
- * Knowledge of database systems and database design preferred
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.