FuseFX Vancouver is looking for an exceptionally skilled FX Artist to work on a team that is developing VFX for exciting projects!
FuseFX is an award-winning Visual Effects Studio providing visual effects services for episodic television, feature films, commercials, virtual productions, and VR. Founded in 2006, the company employs 1200+ personnel across ten studio locations and three brands. Our flagship studio is in Los Angeles, CA, with locations in New York City, Vancouver, BC., and Atlanta. Our Montreal, Toronto, and Bogota studios are serviced by FOLKS VFX, who joined FuseFX in 2020. The Adelaide, Australia studio is serviced by Rising Sun Pictures, who joined FuseFX in 2021.
- Create a wide range of FX simulations including open body ocean, CFD fluid systems and splashes, rigid body dynamics and destruction, pyro explosions, smoke, and fire, cloth simulations, particle systems, procedural effects, and more.
- Ability to create custom setups, templates, and OTLs/HDAs, as well as work off of pre-built existing workflows.
- Work within the show structure and production deadlines to complete all tasks and meet client notes.
- Light and shade scenes to properly integrate into plates and create slap comps of work.
- Knowledge of Maya, Nuke, and other visual effects creation software helpful.
Traits of a successful FuseFX FX Artist:
- Excellent Houdini FX and lighting/shading skills.
- Thorough understanding of simulation techniques and technologies relating to fx.
- Must have 3 - 5 years of experience in simulated fx creation.
- Python and VEX programming skills strongly desired.
- Previous film, commercial, and/or episodic/streaming television experience is preferred.
- Highly communicative self-starter who takes initiative to improve their workflows and final look, while contributing to a collaborative team culture and positive environment.
- Works well within a team as well as independently
- Able to effectively manage time and resources to create high quality effects in a fast-paced production environment while working within time and budgetary constraints.
- Must be able to perform under tight deadlines and iterate on versions and techniques quickly.
- Must work well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great pictures.
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.