FuseFX BC is currently in search of a Talent Partner who is responsible for the artistic/production talent recruitment at FuseFX!
This position serves as Lead Recruiter supporting multiple busy production locations in the acquisition of key talent. This position works with Production Management and Human Resources to ensure the staffing needs of the production departments are met and reports to the Director of Human Resources.
FuseFX is an award-winning Visual Effects Studio providing visual effects services for episodic television, feature films, commercials, virtual productions, and VR. Founded in 2006, the company employs 800+ personnel across eight studio locations and three brands. Our flagship studio is in Los Angeles, CA, with locations in New York City, Vancouver, BC., and Atlanta. Our Montreal, Toronto, and Bogota studios are serviced by FOLKS VFX, who joined FuseFX in 2020. The Adelaide, Australia studio is serviced by Rising Sun Pictures, who joined FuseFX in 2021.
- Act as Recruiter to source and fill roles across the BC studio.
- Manage all incoming applications and respond to all applications submitted to our studios
- Act as a collaborator and advisor to Department Heads in the selection of candidates, rates and offers
- Conduct interviews in multiple different ways such as phone screens, video conference and in-person interviews once appropriate
- Make offers and negotiate with job candidates following company rate guidelines
- Create and manage requisitions and ensure positions are filled in time to meet production deadlines
- Build and maintain the company’s talent pipeline for all facilities through proactive sourcing and industry relationships
- Maintain relationships with high potential candidates and a roster of freelance VFX artists/roles
- Ensure managers are trained on how to conduct effective interviews, how to market the company to talent, and how to ensure compliance with HR best practices
- Point person in managing and administering our current Applicant Tracking Software and LinkedIn Recruiters
- Identify, host, and attend networking events, career fairs and industry conferences
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
Production Resource Management
- Collaborate with Production Management to understand the current and future staffing needs of the production departments
- Communicate Production staffing needs and priorities to the Human Resources team
- Develop a deep level of understanding of technical specialties in the production departments, and what constitutes senior, mid-level and junior in different disciplines
- Act as a resource for Production Management and Department Heads in matching artists’ skillsets to production needs
Talent Acquisition Coordination
- Coordinate and schedule all interviews for all positions in Vancouver, and support other offices as needed
- Send out interview reminders, resumes and interview feedback
- Provide weekly staffing reports, end-date updates in Production tracking software and update all staffing spreadsheets
- Post jobs onto the FuseFX website, appropriate VFX job boards and social media
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in high volume recruitment environment, VFX industry knowledge required
- Bachelor’s degree in Film and Television, Communications, HR, or other related discipline preferred
- Demonstrated high level technical problem solving and proficiency with software, systems and job boards (LinkedIn, Indeed, Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams, etc.)
- Experience working with recruitment databases and Applicant Tracking Software, knowledge of SmartRecruiters is a plus
- Must have a deep understanding of production disciplines
- Superb communicator with a can-do attitude and proven ability to work with many different personality types effectively
- Ability to lead through persuasion and build consensus in support of decisions
- Must be able to perform work with a high level of accuracy, detail-oriented, ability to handle multiple priorities, and be a self-starter
- Ability to execute complex projects independently, know when to seek guidance from senior leadership
- Exemplary teamwork, discretion, flexibility
- Must be cool headed and calm under pressure
- “Customer-service” attitude towards internal clients
- Will put in the work it takes to get the job done, which may include extended work hours and at times weekends
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.