Would you like to be part of a team that is building a future to smile about? What about having the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world, full of stimulating discussions, and making impactful contributions?
If this is how you see your career, Folks Mumbai is the place to be!
From the very beginning, we have been passionate about capturing the imagination. Based in Montreal, Toronto, Bogotá, Saguenay and now in Mumbai the artists who bring their rich and diverse experiences to our team have been making larger-than-life visual effects for film and television for the past 10 years.
Reporting to Compositing Supervisor and the Head of 2d, you will be responsible for creating multi-layered composites for live action feature films. Applicants presenting highly realistic, live-action composites (rather than stylised full-CG composites) in their portfolio, will have their application reviewed with priority.
You are a professional artist who works collaboratively with your team and those working in other departments. You are an excellent time manager and forward thinker who delivers to schedule and to brief. You have previously been responsible for creating complex composites that incorporate naturalistic effects simulation, environments and matte painting and native live action elements.
Your ability to own your work from turnover to delivery will be highly regarded by your previous supervisors. As a professional compositor, you continually provide confidence to your production team through regular updates. You maintain clarity and focus when crunch time hits and know what is expected of you. You maintain a good working relationship with artists delivering assets to you and remain proactive in resolving any issues which may impede shot delivery.
- Create Nuke scrips that integrate efficiently into the compositing pipeline.
- Work with your Lead to maintain and improve sound production workflows.
- Focus on reducing the time taken to complete repetitive or complex tasks.
- Iterate your work as required by your Lead, Head of Department, or the 2D Supervisor.
- Expect additional delegated tasks by them. Adapt work according to the changing needs of a developing brief.
- Work in a manner that allows other compositing team members to pick up your work if necessary.
- Work within RSP's colour pipeline, adhering to the colour workflow as outlined by the project.
- Adapt your comp setups as the brief evolves, diagnosing and resolving any issues with your own Nuke script.
- Review, QC & tech check your work for internal and external delivery, ensuring it addresses creative and technical requirements.
- Ensure visual continuity is upheld across shots and sequences.
- Work with lighting team members as necessary in order to meet compositing objectives.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with 2d and 3d artists and technicians.
- Contribute to creative and technical conversations, with a view to raising the quality level of the final image.
- Manage your workload. Advise key stakeholders of any obstacles which may impact delivery quality or timeliness or budget.
- Promote a collaborative and enjoyable workplace influencing morale, fostering purposeful discussions and a positive work ethic.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3+ years creating high-end composites for live-action feature films.
- Expert knowledge of Nuke and a thorough understanding of the math behind comp operations.
- Good knowledge of Nuke scripting and tool development.
- Strong level of attention to detail and a strong understanding of colour theory, LUT'S, composition and both film and digital capture formats.
- Expert organisational skills, maintaining a calm and professional demeanour in a delivery focused work environment.
- Utilitarian knowledge of other discipline software such as Maya, Houdini and industry standard tracking software.
- Real world understanding of physics, math, proportion, depth, light and colour.
- Technical and creative problem solving with a can-do mindset.
- Working knowledge of the VFX pipeline and entire post-production process, including interdepartmental dependencies and hand over processes.
Those closely matching this job description will be contacted for further information.