From the very beginning, we have been passionate about capturing the imagination. Based in Montreal, Toronto, Bogotá, Saguenay and now in Mumbai the artists who bring their rich and diverse experiences to our team have been making larger-than-life visual effects for film and television for the past 10 years.
You will be required to quickly create photorealistic textures and shaders for a wide range of assets including props, characters and environments, for a number of live action projects. Applicants presenting photo realistic work will be reviewed with priority.
Your previously held positions are likely to have included texture artist, look development artist, 3d generalist etc. You have previously textured and shaded an extensive range of models from props, characters, urban and city environments through to complex terrain, all with great speed and accuracy.
Your excellent communication and collaboration skills are highly regarded by your previous supervisors. You provide confidence to production because you have absolute clarity in what is expected of you in terms of consistency and quality.
- Create and deliver textures and shaders that meet the artistic brief.
- Ensure every asset you create meets the requirements of those downstream.
- Work with modellers, lighters and other texture and shading artists to produce consistent and accurate work.
- Regularly demonstrate your work in progress.
- Step into a lead position and lead other look dev artists and/or sequences as required.
- Review your work prior to submission, ensuring it hits creative and technical notes, adjusting where necessary.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of shading principles and shader language.
- Strong understanding of colour/bit depth/resolution and how they affect the texturing process.
- Follow creative & technical briefs with regard to the production schedule.
- Take ownerships of all notes and feedback relating to your shots.
- Actively mentor and develop less experienced team members.
- Promote a collaborative and enjoyable workplace influencing morale, fostering purposeful discussion and positive work ethic.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 4 years professional look dev / texturing / shading experience in VFX, working on live-action feature films.
- Expert user of production ready software including Substance Painter, Maya, Mari, Z-Brush & Mudbox.
- Some exposure to Nuke & Houdini is desirable, but not essential.
- Ability to look dev from start to finish, that can be executed across many shots.
- Real world understanding of proportion, depth, scale, and physical space.
- Expert organisational and time-management skills.
- Technical and creative problem solving with a can-do mindset.
- Maintain a calm and professional demeanour in a delivery focused work environment.