YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series. The organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
Responsible for all aspects of the daily medical, dental, and pharmacy operations. Provides leadership and oversight for the Senior Directors, Directors and Managers of the medical and dental clinics and pharmacy sites. Manages, drives and provides direction for organization initiatives, including delivering the highest quality Medical, Dental and Pharmacy services available, while ensuring the Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic (YVFWC) strategies, mission, vision, and values are met. Remains current in knowledge of the marketplace, identifies growth opportunities, and develops strategies to maintain and increase market advantage.
This position oversees Clinic Managers/Directors in 8 health centers located in Portland, Salem, Woodburn, and Astoria, Oregon.
What we offer
- Salary $159,000 - $237,000 DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Relocation allowance.
- Responsible for twelve (12) or more service lines (medical and dental clinics and pharmacies), with 300+ FTEs, 140,000 to 250,000 encounters, and an expense budget of $30-60 million.
- Supervises mentors and trains direct report staff. Provides continuous performance management and conducts employee performance evaluations. Addresses performance and/or behavior issues, clarifying expectations and providing feedback.
- Supports staff growth and development. Assesses the educational and experience needs of all levels of staff in collaboration with the individual. Encourages staff to seek educational opportunities incorporating job related training in addition to mandatory training.
- Responsible for the recruitment and selection of staff, medical providers and dentists. Provides orientation to outline job requirements and expectations, policies and procedures, and proper use of tools and equipment.
- Creates and maintains an inclusive work environment that respects diverse ideas, backgrounds and styles. Supports diversity through the selection, management, and retention of diverse employees. Creates, drives and maintains an employee engagement culture.
- Responsible for day-to-day operational management of medical and dental providers and pharmacy staff.
- Supervises and mentors the clinic Senior Directors, Directors, Managers and Medical Directors on fiscal responsibility, operational efficiency, resource utilization, staffing patterns, and team effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensures clinical operations are consistent with programs implementing and optimizing best practices of the Patient Centered Medical Home.
- Responsible for promoting high standards of practice management through development and standardization of policies, protocols, and guidelines.
- Responsible for clinical areas of professional services in the management of health plan quality indicator metrics as set forth by the organization’s goals and strategic plans.
- Develops short and long-term infrastructure strategies for growth and sustainability of the organization’s services provided.
- Responsible for the patient satisfaction initiatives and outcomes as defined by Senior Leadership.
- Manages the implementation of all YVFWC initiatives, policies and procedures as they pertain to Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) Program Requirements and Medical, Dental, and Pharmacy Operations.
- Ensures quality assurance initiatives, managed care objectives, and productivity expectations are met.
- Provides overall review and management to integrate disciplines across the organization to maximize the patient experience, create efficiencies and standardization of patient/family centric care, and to comply with applicable State and Federal laws.
- Develops fiscal year revenue, expense and production budgetary goals and manages results and budget on a monthly basis.
- Prepares and manages various initiatives, and metric reports for Senior Leadership.
- Responsible for the overall direction, preparation, and management of site reviews by Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), The Joint Commission (TJC), State, Federal, and other regulatory agencies.
- Develops and maintains relationships and/or networks in local communities for the purpose of promoting YVFWC’s strategy, mission, vision, and values.
- Ensures operational compliance with Joint Commission, Meaningful Use, National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), Uniform Data System (UDS) and local and state/federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Health or related field. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Health or related field preferred.
- Experience: 12 years' experience in a high-level leadership capacity with accountabilities in clinic operations and administrative clinical management. A Master’s Degree may substitute for two years' experience.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: Working knowledge of FQHC, TJC, NCQA, Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) and State/Federal laws governing ambulatory health services. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Exceptional leadership and mediation abilities. Ability to provide vision and leadership for the functional department and organization. Ability to create and implement strategy that aligns with organization goals. Ability to move seamlessly from strategy to tactics and effectively execute a plan. Ability to delegate responsibilities and motivate staff to complete tasks. Ability to develop effective working relationships to gain trust and establish credibility with individuals within and outside the organization. Ability to problem solve, prioritize, and multi-task. Ability to create reports that clearly summarize information to a wide variety of users. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Basic knowledge of statistics and graphical representation principles.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.