YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series. The organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
A senior-level role which serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Epic EMR System. This role works closely with organizational stakeholders to architect and provide solutions that offer efficient patient care and provider workflows. This position requires independent decision-making, problem solving, project management, leadership, training, systems and build analysis, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This position will Require Epic Ambulatory Certification. Epic HIM/ROI, Wisdom, Care Everywhere, Order Transmittal certifications are also desired.
This position is located in the Yakima Valley in sunny central Washington State. We're interested in all qualified candidates, including those located outside the area who are open to relocating to the Yakima area. Relocation allowance is available.
What We Offer
- Salary $82,000-$116,000 DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates (salary will be prorated if less than 1.0 FTE).
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Relocation allowance.
- Lead and manage multiple competing projects simultaneously, defining, delegating and managing build deliverables for themselves and other analysts as needed.
- Work with IS Leadership and senior business stakeholders to distill complex technical issues into easily understood language highlighting impact to strategic goals.
- Assists Application Support Supervisor to analyze performance of Applications team activities and documented resolutions. Identifies areas for improvement and creates solutions to enhance operational efficiency and quality of service provided.
- Coordinate and lead Maintenance projects through completion.
- Coordinate, lead, and manage optimization requests, serving as a liaison to organizational SMEs.
- Report project, ticket, and build status updates to leadership.
- Coaches, mentors and trains other analysts on complex interdepartmental project work.
- Perform as the internal advisor to the analyst team for advanced and complex integration and support issues.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to conduct in-depth research into issues and build methodologies as required.
- Designs, develops, implements, maintains, and troubleshoots across multiple Epic modules.
- Monitors and evaluates systems and takes action to resolve any issues.
- Observes end users and utilizes knowledge of workflow to make recommendations for system innovations and improvements.
- Works with clinical, operational, and administrative stakeholders to understand their needs. Gathers system requirements from stakeholders and makes modifications to the system as appropriate.
- Evaluates need for hardware and software upgrades, modifications and repairs. Performs advanced testing to troubleshoot new and existing equipment. Ensures compatibility and operability with existing systems.
- Performs technological feasibility studies for Epic Systems implementations or enhancements.
- Plans, executes, and finalizes advanced Epic systems projects. Performs cost-benefit analysis, documents project scopes, and designs implementation plans.
- Provide advanced build support during implementation and installation of Epic environment systems and associated 3rd-party products.
- Ability to lead business partners through a requirement gathering sessions.
- Serves as primary contact for the Epic Environment and provides consultation and information to decision makers regarding the Epic system.
- Provides consultation and support to end users regarding advanced technical issues.
- Coordinates and performs in-depth system software testing, including regression, system and ad-hoc testing.
- Assist Application Support Supervisor to manages and/or negotiates application vendor contracts and license agreements. Holds external vendors accountable to meet contractual obligations to YVFWC, provide prompt responses, and fix any problems or emergencies as needed.
- Maintains tracking systems to ensure issues are reported and resolved in a timely manner.
- Works with the IS Security team to ensure all company policies concerning HIPAA and general system security are adequately represented, reflected and enforced for the systems they are responsible for.
- Effectively manage multiple competing projects simultaneously, defining, delegating and managing build deliverables for themselves and other analysts as needed.
- May require periodic travel by automobile to various YVFWC sites located across our service regions (Washington and Oregon) to engage with business partners and provide IS support as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Computer Information Systems or Management. Associate Degree and two additional years' experience in Information Systems may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree High School Diploma or GED and four additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience: Seven years of experience in a healthcare IT setting and/or technical environment supporting applications and working with end users, including five years of Epic build experience. Leadership experience in Information technology preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Epic Certificate Training Status required. Multiple Epic Certificate Training Statuses preferred. Clinical certifications, licenses, or credentials may be required.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Ability to lead group discussions and guide them to make key decisions. Experienced in taking a leadership role by facilitating effective team interactions and mentoring of other analyst staff that are in a more junior role. Experience providing executive summaries to IS, Operational and Clinical leadership both written and verbal. Proven success leading and supporting advanced Epic integrations and/or major build projects. Knowledge of advanced information processing, computer systems analysis, and technical skills. Knowledge of hardware, software, and peripheral equipment and troubleshooting techniques. Knowledge of clinical workflows and clinical business systems. Knowledge of system security concepts in including provisioning and access management governance. Ability to assess various equipment and procedures and make recommendations for improvements. Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications. Ability to document clinical and business processes and procedures. Ability to design, build, and execute comprehensive workflow-based test plans and scripts. Proven experience managing multiple high-priority projects/efforts in a high-pressure environment requiring minimal supervision. Proven ability to build strong relationships with organizational stakeholders and clinical SMEs Effective project management capability throughout the project lifecycle of planning, organizing, managing, and finalizing outcomes. Ability to analyze complex data and communicate observations in a simplified manner. Advanced analytical and decision-making skills to be able to assess the root cause of an issue and determine an optimal solution. Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills. Ability to work in a team-oriented environment. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.