YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
Provides technical support services in an Epic environment. Designs, develops, implements, and maintains electronic systems. Manages and executes Epic system configuration activities. Epic Ambulatory and Epic Wisdom certifications are preferred.
This position is 4 days remote and 1 day on site in Toppenish, Washington per week. Relocation allowance is available for those outside the area who are open to relocating to the Yakima Valley.
What we Offer
- Sign-on bonus of $1,500 in first paycheck and $1,500 at 12 months of employment.
- Salary $70,000-$90,000 DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates (salary will be prorated if less than 1.0 FTE).
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Relocation allowance.
- Designs, develops, implements, maintains, and troubleshoots Epic systems.
- Monitors and evaluates systems and takes action to resolve any issues.
- Observes end users and utilizes knowledge of workflow to make recommendations for system innovations and improvements.
- Works with clinical, operational, and administrative stakeholders to understand their needs. Gathers system requirements from stakeholders and makes modifications to the system as appropriate.
- Evaluates need for hardware and software upgrades, modifications and repairs. Performs adequate testing to troubleshoot new and existing equipment. Ensures compatibility and operability with existing systems.
- Performs technological feasibility studies for Epic Systems implementations or enhancements.
- Plans, executes, and finalizes Epic systems projects. Performs cost-benefit analysis, documents project scopes, and designs implementation plans.
- Provides technical support during implementation and installation of Epic Environment systems and associated 3rd party products.
- Serves as primary contact for the Epic Environment and provides consultation and information to decision makers regarding the Epic system.
- Provides consultation and support to end users regarding their technical issues.
- Coordinates and performs in-depth system software testing, including regression, system and ad-hoc testing.
- Works with vendors on existing or new systems.
- Maintains tracking systems to ensure issues are reported and resolved in a timely manner.
- Works with the IS Security team to ensure all company policies concerning HIPAA and general system security are adequately represented, reflected and enforced for the systems they are responsible for.
- May be assigned responsibility to ensure the timely provisioning and de-provisioning of appropriate levels of access for the systems that they support.
- May require periodic travel by automobile to various YVFWC sites located across our service regions (Washington and Oregon) to engage with business partners and provide IS support as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer or Healthcare field. Four years’ experience working in a healthcare setting with Epic and/or applications support may be substituted for the required education.
- Experience: Two years of experience in a technical environment supporting applications and working with end users. Experience in a healthcare setting preferred. Previous Epic systems experience preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Epic Certificate Training Status preferred, or ability to acquire an Epic Certificate Training Status within 90 days of completed training. Clinical certifications, licenses, or credentials may be preferred. Valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of hardware, software, and peripheral equipment and troubleshooting techniques. Knowledge of clinical workflows and clinical business systems. Knowledge of system security concepts in including provisioning and access management governance.
Knowledge and familiarity with various project management methodologies including traditional waterfall and Agile methodologies preferred. Ability to assess various equipment and procedures and make recommendations for improvements. Ability to work with gather system requirements. Ability to document clinical and business processes and procedures. Ability to design, build, and execute comprehensive workflow-based test plans and scripts. Ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent priorities. Ability to develop effective working relationships to gain trust and establish credibility at all organizational levels. Ability to lead group discussions and guide them to make key decisions. Effective project management capability throughout the project lifecycle of planning, organizing, managing, and finalizing outcomes. Ability to analyze complex data and communicate observations in a simplified manner. Strong analytical and decision making skills to be able to assess the root cause of an issue and determine an optimal solution.
Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.