This is a great opportunity to join the Nutrition Services/WIC team in a top-tier healthcare organization! Whether you are a newly registered dietitian or an experienced professional looking for a full-time position, we would like to talk to you!
Our WIC Dietitians provide nutrition counseling for WIC participants. Utilizing motivational interviewing techniques, WIC Dietitians provide one-on-one and group counseling for high-risk WIC clients and develop individual care plans and follow-up for those participants. In addition, our WIC Dietitians provide breastfeeding education and support, and work closely with our Breastfeeding Peer Counseling Coordinator and Program to promote enhanced breastfeeding support.
This is a float position that will be split mainly between Yakima and Toppenish. This position will attend special community outreach events, and will need to be flexible to occasionally work some evenings and weekends.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Coordinates program outreach events and provides information about WIC services to health care providers and community partners to improve access, promote WIC participation and provide consistent nutrition and breastfeeding messages.
- Communicates with health care providers on issues pertaining to client needs.
- Helps maintain assigned caseload and production level at specified site (s)
- Helps orient and train new certifying staff.
- Conducts staff in-services on relevant topics as needed.
- Participates in RD team meetings and interdepartmental meetings, as well as community partnership meetings, to discuss issues pertaining to WIC participant needs.
- Conducts quality assurance activities.
- Serves as a dietetic intern preceptor when applicable.
- Participates in continuing education activities related to nutrition, breastfeeding and supervision.
- Special projects as assigned.
- If you want to join a team where your work is valued and truly matters, choose YVFWC.
- Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Dietetics or relevant field.
- Experience: One year of work experience in WIC/clinical setting preferred, experience working with client/patients of all ages, and proficiency in using
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: WA/OR Dietitian positions: Registered Dietitian or be RD eligible. RD exam must be completed within 90 days of hire. If the exam is failed, the employee must take the exam every 55 days following the initial exam date. The RD exam must be passed within 547days (1.5 years) of hire. A current Washington/Oregon State driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance liability. A passing score of 9 on the ALTA exam is required for bilingual differential pay. Supervisor positions supervising Breast Feeding Peer Educator: International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Bilingual English/Spanish preferred; must be willing to and able to work around infants and children; ability to work within time and budget restraints; and must understand state and federal guidelines relating to the position.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.